Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer doesn't work: "Can't connect to Spotify"

Webplayer doesn't work: "Can't connect to Spotify"

I have a Spotify Premium account, and Spotify works on my app on my phone, but it doesn't work on my work-laptop - neither on Chrome nor on IE.
When I go to the site (https://play.spotify.com/browse) and press play on a song or a playlist it doesn't play and the following message pops up: "Can't connect to Spotify. Trying again now".
I don't have an add-block installed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Caspar

9 Replies

Hey @Aponsie2! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried to clean your browser cache/cookies?

And make sure that no firewall is blocking the web player. ^^

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^
Peace

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply. 

I've cleaned my browser cache and cookies, but to no avail. No firewall that I know of is blocking the player either. Moreover I've enabled all plug-ins.

The webplayer worked a few weeks ago, before I had a premium account, though I had to refresh the page every once in a while, because it stopped playing and displayed that message. But now it doesn't even play a single song - even though I've now got a premium account...
Please help me out! Thank you,

Caspar

@Aponsie2

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon. ^^

Peace

Hey @Aponsie2!

Can you try using an incognito window/tab for us? And are you getting the same error when connected to a different WiFi network?

Thanks!^^

Peace

@Aponsie2

Are you still having troubles?

Peace

Hi Nico, 

Thanks for your reply and follow-up.

Yes, the problem persists. I was able to play one song and then it crashed again and on the anonoymous browser I played 3 songs before it crashed - displaying the same notification as before.
I havent tried on a different wifi-connection yet. But I hope sincerely that I can listen to music at work as well!

Thanks for your help,

Caspar

@Aponsie2

Could you please send us a screenshot of the exact error message you're getting?

Thanks!^^

Peace

Hi Nico,
Please find attached a screengrab.
Thanks,
Caspar

spotify screengrab.png

Hey @Aponsie2

Could you try restarting your router?

Also, who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Thanks! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts