Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer music stops after 9 seconds. (Happens on every track)

Webplayer music stops after 9 seconds. (Happens on every track)

Plans - Free

Device - HP Zbook

Operating System - Windows 7

My Question or Issue:

Lately, the spotify webplayer is not working for me. At first I am able to play up to 9s of songs, then it stops playing. This happens to any song played.

After refresh, sometimes it doesn't even play.

This happens on Chrome and Opera, in normal and incognito mode as well. 

I have read thru some topics related to webplayer and done the following:

1. Clear Cookies and Cache (Both browsers)

2. Close the browser and re-open

3. Play on Android App so that on the browser I can select to play on Browser. Somehow, after I refresh the browser, the Android device does not appear anymore. And I still can't play in webplayer.

4. Ran ipconfig \flushdns

5. Checked my "hosts" files -> default everything is commented out

6. Restarted.

7. Check for Spotify folder to delete in AppData/Local, but doesn't exist.

It's still not working. Please advice what else I can do to fix or to provide further information?

6 Replies

Update on the issue:

I recently used Firefox 68.0.1 (32-bit) on the same system. I get a error message after 9s of playback:

The WideVineCdm plugin has crashed. 

Reloading doesn't solve it.

Using Firefox in Linux (Ubuntu) is ok.

Looks like Windows 7 and Chromebook has this issue at the moment. 

widevine_Crash.jpg

WideVineCdm plugin version is 4.10.1440.18

Same thing happens to me. It stops after 9 seconds and then after another 2 seconds it starts playing again. I'm on the web player for chrome. Hopefully they will fix it soon!

Screenshot 2019-07-20 at 1.59.37 PM.png

In the end, I installed a 64bit Chrome and it is working.

However, it doesn't work on Opera (mentions browser not supported - it was still supported previously in 32bit Opera)

Haven't tested Firefox 64bit.

This problem still exist, Windows 10 on company computer. It ran fine for a long time but now the widevine pluging crashes before playback starts. Sometimes about 2 seconds of playback work before the plugin crashes, so it's not completely dead, but 2 seconds of music is not that much. Chrome works fine.
Version of firefox: 78.3.0esr, 32-bit
Widevine: Version: 4.10.1582.2, Last Updated: February 24, 2020

Hey there @BlueSpotty,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

There's another thread on a similar issue here containing some solutions worth checking. We'd also recommend clearing your cache and cookies and try reloading Firefox in its 'safe mode' with its add-ons disabled to see if that makes a difference.

Some users also reported that disabling and re-enabling 'DRM-controlled content' under 'General' in  the browser settings fixes the issue.

If none of the above works, it'd be great if you could send us a screenshot or screen recording of what's happening on your end.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts