Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Webplayer; still not working properly after all theese years

Webplayer; still not working properly after all theese years

Dehellu,

I've posted about this problem for mor then 1½ years ago and it is still persistent. Why doesnt Spotify offer a real helpdesk or support? This "support" forum is ridiculous to solve problems at this level. I get that it's good for the small problems like installing the freaking software and help with creating new playlists for elders, but this, is just embarrissing on a whole new level. 

I got this message by a moderator of the forum back in November 2013:

Richard

Re: Web player shuffles different songs into different playlists[ New ]
Sorry to leave you hanging. I haven't been able to get this looked into fully yet - but it's still on my priority list.

Thanks for hanging in there still. I'll be back as soon as I've got news.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

The problem is as following:

I login to the windows client, all my lists look fine and the songs I've dropped into the specific lists are where they're suppossed to be. 

BUT to my amaze, when I use the webclient the list I want to listen to at that specific moment contain different songs from the standalone client. Songs that has never been in there.

If you who read this look at the pictures I've attached to this thread and compare the playlists in the standalone client in widnwos and the web client in chrome.

Yes to the following questions;
I've tried different browsers
I've tried different computers at different locations in Stockholm.
It is only with my own account, the one I'm writing from at this moment the playlists gets messed up.
I've created new accounts and on those accounts the playlists work across all platforms.

I am sorry if I sound in text as grumpy. But it's been a problem for atleast 2 years since it took me half a year to even post on this forum about it in the first place.

My account was created in the early days of Spotify back when it was new and it requierd invites in order to use it. 

Here's the original thread from 2013:

This needs to be resolved as I will not be able to use the windows client for much longer because of restrictions in installing different programs and apps on my works computers.
placidity in online player.PNG
placidity in standalone player.PNG
1 Reply

@santrik

Hello:

I know this is a pain but you might try contacting Spotify via the contact form. If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email even if it is from noreply, and the support team will be able to take a look at your issue and you'll hear from them shortly. And just lay out everything you posted here, you can even link to this thread so CS knows you did what was needed for a self fix. Looks like you covered everything in an attempt to fix this yourself. Sometimes the devs can do some magic with user accounts on the back end and get things running correct again. Might go that route and see how you fair. At the very least maybe CS can just transfer over all your playlists to one of those new accounts, I know it is not ideal but not sure what else can be offered here. Good luck.

Suggested posts