Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weekly discovery Dutch songs for Swiss Users

Solved!

Weekly discovery Dutch songs for Swiss Users

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

Iphone

My Question or Issue

I love the weekly discovery playlists, however the last couple of months I have had a reoccuring issue. I like listening to Swiss German music once in a while. It is similar to dutch, but Swiss people do not understand it. Hence, I do not appreciate that I have been having at least 5 dutch songs in my weekly discovery playlist. I keep choosing the "I don't like this artist" in the playlist, but the following week I just have another 5 songs from dutch artists... Can it be, that there is no differention between the two languages in the programme?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sophie1993.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The algorithm looks more at the kind of music rather than the language. So we recommend disliking what you don't want to have in your playlist. We also recommend listening to music outside of your Discovery Weekly so we can get a good picture of what you like to listen. There is a good balance between listening to Discovery Weekly and looking for music yourself, which will provide you with the best Discovery Weekly selection 🙂

Hope this clarifies some things. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @sophie1993.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The algorithm looks more at the kind of music rather than the language. So we recommend disliking what you don't want to have in your playlist. We also recommend listening to music outside of your Discovery Weekly so we can get a good picture of what you like to listen. There is a good balance between listening to Discovery Weekly and looking for music yourself, which will provide you with the best Discovery Weekly selection 🙂

Hope this clarifies some things. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts