Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird auto-play glitch in playlist?

Weird auto-play glitch in playlist?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Custom PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I was listening to the "I Love 90's Hip-Hop" playlist made by spotify when I noticed a odd auto-play transitional glitch. On the lower bar, it will have the next song start but the previous song will still be playing. This can go on for a few seconds to half a minute. Then when the previous song stops, the new song will start but several seconds into the song, completely skipping the intro to it. I've tried to re-create this in other playlist but no luck yet. Is there any way to resolve this on my end?

3 Replies

Hey hey @jennifermk96!

Thanks for reaching out this sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on all your devices and their models and OS version.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Logging out and in didn't work, attempted clean re-install and rebooted my PC did not fix the issue either. Was able to get a screen recording. If you look at the bar below and listen to the audio you can see it cut out the beginning of the next song. This happens throughout the entire playlist. I also did a re-install on my phone as well and had the same issue. 

My PC is Windows 10 at Home version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 

My Phone is an Android Version 10, Software Version G850UM20g

Hey there @jennifermk96,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding these recordings!

Could you toggle off Automix from the app's settings on each of your devices to see if that helps with what you see?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts