Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What a load of rubbish the spotify is.

Solved!

What a load of rubbish the spotify is.

I have an Onkyo 609tn, and decided to give spotify premium a go.

I have found I cannot login, as I am required to enter the USERNAME ID, rather than my facebook credentials.

However I have no idea what the username password is, (as I loging via Facebook on the PC).

When I try to reset my password, it tells me that I am using facebook and to change the password on there... Not what I want.

Anyway to get a refund on this gash I have just paid for please, think I will give Napster a try.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ah, 15 minutes later and I get bombarded by 20 reset links.

Poor.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@1168548735 wrote:

I have an Onkyo 609tn, and decided to give spotify premium a go.

I have found I cannot login, as I am required to enter the USERNAME ID, rather than my facebook credentials.

However I have no idea what the username password is, (as I loging via Facebook on the PC).

When I try to reset my password, it tells me that I am using facebook and to change the password on there... Not what I want.

Anyway to get a refund on this gash I have just paid for please, think I will give Napster a try.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can't log in using Facebook on partner devices because they don't support that type of authentication. 

All you need to do is retrieve your "real" Spotify username and set your device password, is quite easy. Just follow the instructions outlined in this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Does not work. I do have the ability to read the forums.

It recognises my username and tells me it has emailed me a link to reset the password, but I receive nothing into my outlook. I know its not my end that has the problem as I have received the premium subscription email 10 minutes ago.

I can see others have the same issue - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Hardware-Devices-Sonos-Samsung/Problem-with-Device-Password/m-p/3795...

I have tried to solution doesnt work.

Can I have a refund, terrible website and product.

Sam

To request a refund you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further. They should also be able to manually reset your password for you. Normally when you don't get the password reset email it means you have accidentally created two accounts in the system, but they will be able to check that out for you if you like.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

ah, 15 minutes later and I get bombarded by 20 reset links.

Poor.

Suggested posts