Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I'm playing tracks, only a few seconds stream with music.

When I'm playing tracks, only a few seconds stream with music.

Hello! Thank you for the accommodation. Right now, I experienced another form of problem. The last time I visited here, the experience I had was song skippings. But today, it goes like this. Whenever I'm playing tracks, only a few seconds stream with music. The rest plays with no sounds. 

I am using Chromebook web here. The app version on my android phone is working well. 🙂 

6 Replies

Hello @MafeG and @Alex! 
Here's another copy of my experience. I am using a Chromebook Web here (Device: Version 76.0.3809.136). The same happens whenever I switch to Spotify App here on my Chromebook. Only the Spotify App on my android phone works well. 

I've read somewhere that this could also be caused by some site-related settings. I don't know much about this; I hope you can guide me. Also, I have already tried streaming using an incognito window but it gave me the same issue.  

Hey @JMCB1,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Could you try with another device to check if that changes anything?

If that doesn't make a difference, could you share with us if this happens for every song or specific ones? You can send us the URIs of the songs. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Ver! 

The only other device that I have with me is my phone. My Spotify app on my phone works well (no skipping and such). It's just in my Chromebook that this circumstance of skipping songs + incomplete audio happens. 

For the second inquiry in your response, yes, it happens on every song I play with Spotify on the Chromebook.   

Thank you for the response. :)) 

Hi @JMCB1,

Thank you for your reply with this information, we do appreciate it. 

Could you try to connect to a different internet network to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create an internet hotspot with your phone and connect your Chromebook to it. 

If the issue persists, please download some album/playlist with the app and test it again, does the issue persist? 

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! Sorry for the late update. The issue persists even if I use another source of connection. As per your advice to download the tracks, I honestly don't know how to do that using the Chromebook. I can't see a download option in the user interface when I'm using Chromebook. I only do downloads via Android phone. 🙂 

Here is another observation I would like to share. Since the start of this issue, I have noticed this slight change in the interface of the site on my end. If you look into the music line below reflecting the elapsed time of the track being played, the labels of the current time and end time have been pushed nearer into the line. This is not the usual user interface I see when using Spotify in my Chromebook. 

Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 9.03.17 PM.png

Hi again @JMCB1,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

It isn't possible to download content using the web player - what we meant was to try it using the Android Spotify app in your Chromebook. You can find the steps to install Android apps in your Chromebook here.

If this doesn't make any difference, it's worth clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article.

Lastly, make sure you're running the latest version of the Chrome browser.

Keep us in the loop 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts