Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I open spotify website, it defaults to German.

Solved!

When I open spotify website, it defaults to German.

I live in the U.S., and every time I open up the spotify website (to change my account settings), the page defaults to spotify.com/de as if I'm in Germany. I don't read German, I can't navigate the site in German. And I don't understand why spotify doesn't know where I am. I am not using a German IP address. 

I was in Germany on a layover for like 4 hours a few weeks ago and it won't go away. Please help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to navigate to your account settings without needing to read german

When you log in to your account look at the left hand side under your account picture and choose the 3rd option down in the list to edit your account

Or look in the middle under your username,email,date of birth etc and what country does it say? Does it say germany there or usa?

Do you not have the option there to change it in the dropdown to usa?

Make sure to clear cache and cookies etc on your computer aswell just incase

Or go to the spotify homeoage and there is a flag at the bottom right when you scroll down.Click on that and it will let you pick the correct flag for your country

https://www.spotify.com/us/select-your-country/

Hopefully one of these things will work

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

You should be able to navigate to your account settings without needing to read german

When you log in to your account look at the left hand side under your account picture and choose the 3rd option down in the list to edit your account

Or look in the middle under your username,email,date of birth etc and what country does it say? Does it say germany there or usa?

Do you not have the option there to change it in the dropdown to usa?

Make sure to clear cache and cookies etc on your computer aswell just incase

Or go to the spotify homeoage and there is a flag at the bottom right when you scroll down.Click on that and it will let you pick the correct flag for your country

https://www.spotify.com/us/select-your-country/

Hopefully one of these things will work

Thank you!! It worked. 

Suggested posts