Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When are Spotify stopping supporting Pioneer Receivers which support Spotify Connect?

When are Spotify stopping supporting Pioneer Receivers which support Spotify Connect?

Hi,

I received an email yesterday to say Spotify are stopping support for my Pioneer Speaker soon.

- When is soon?

- Does stopping support mean Spotify just won't support it or it will stop working?
Stopping support means a company won't address issues but I believe Spotify are going to actually stop the feature from working.

- Why? There's no reason given why this is necessary.

The email rather bizzaely says:

"We want to make playing Spotify on your speaker and other devices better and easier"

How is stopping support better or easier? Why not just stop supporting it? So if it breaks too bad.

I only bought my receiver 2 years ago specifically as it supported Spotifty Connect. Spotify is in part more popular over rivals as Spotify works on so many devices, or did.

I guess like everyone else I'll need to buy a Chromecast Audio 😕

383 Replies

I think there is coming nothing of pioneer.

The best way would be open source of the firmeware - maybe someone can fix it. 

Purchased Premium for playing on my Pioneer Vxs 824 only, now I gotta give it up. Shame on Spotify. 

NAD and others have the same problem. I loved just being able to press play on the remote and then the thing would just continue from the last playlist. Now I have to use bluetooth which needs me to be close to the receiver (and uses up the battery and is less quality) or turn on some other device, xbox or tv, or invest in a chromecast audio. All these solutions need extra time and UI-navigation before getting music, and it bothers me since it was perfect before!

I really can't say that I have missed out on any opportunity to praise the build in Spotify Connect, but now any solution is as convenient and satisfying as the next. I miss being capable of turning on music from bed without using sluggish bluetooth.

Hi 

Can someone confirm for me, this is why my car audio deck pioneer  spotify connect app isn't working  as of a few weeks ago  I noticed it won't connect to my phone anymore ? 

What a **bleep** off 🤬🤬🤬

I made a linkedin post about it, with pings to the CEO, CMO, Product managers etc..

You can like it, share it, if it get enough attention, there may be a reaction...

My Linkedin Post

Was it now that you realized Spotify Connect was gone? I've been bothered
by this issue since February. Spotify stopped replying to customers'
feedback a while ago.

Yep, yesterday !

Perhaps my Spotify App updated recently ?

Which Pioneer device do you own? I don't believe it's app related. The app
itself updates almost every single week. Most of these problems occured in
February and the problem lies in Spotify's server programming which is not
compitable with Pioneer devices anymore.

I bought Pioneer 50A to listen Spotify. Now suddenly you decided not to support it. I lost money but you lost me as a royal customer and I am sure you will lose big time if you continue not to care about your customers. Your approach is not ethical at all. Awaiting to hear from you real soon.

Hello,

any news?
Is there coming any update?

wow i have a 2000 dollar receiver that wont work with my spotify ..sc - 85 . spotify get your s..h .i..t together this is a stupid f@cking problem to have ...F U SPOTIFY !!

Interestingly my n-50a works fine with latest spotify app (ios/android/pc)... Family account here..

Very intresting, my vsx-924 does Not show Up. Did your n50 update sometime?

My Pioneer SC-2023 does not work with the Spotify iOS Version: 8.4.53.689 (which is the latest version in Germany). 

@subcoded wrote:

Interestingly my n-50a works fine with latest spotify app (ios/android/pc)... Family account here..

Some colleague commented that the "cut line" that spotify + pioneer did is around 2015~2016 equipments.

My VSX-823k was released in 2013 and no longer works, from the VSX-8xx series it seems that only 830 and 831 are still working. The same "rule" should apply for the other series.

Consider yourself lucky and enjoy while you can 🙂

wrote:

My Pioneer SC-2023 does not work with the Spotify iOS Version: 8.4.53.689 (which is the latest version in Germany). 

The version of the app on smartphones (of any brand) has no relationship to
Spotify Connect support that was unfairly discontinued from older models of
Pioneer Receivers.

*Edited Post* 

Spotify connect seems to be working again after being unavailable for a time, indicating that maybe my receiver glitched somehow making it temporarily unavailable to spotify connect.  Once I fully unplugged the receiver and plugging back in, it is again streaming as normal.  

-Jeremy

Same for me, It re-work few times, but now it didn't work again now

Oh FFS. Both me and my husband spent like, at last 4hours in Total trying to make**bleep** work. We moved in late april and it took a while to set up the internet and connect all devices, and I've been certain that the issue came from difficulties on our part, and now to learn that this freaking expensive**bleep** equipment is basically useless?! I'm still paying monthly fees, for like a year and a half!

This **bleep**. 

Suggested posts