Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When listening to Primus' Wynona's Big Brown Beaver song always skips to next song at 1:05

When listening to Primus' Wynona's Big Brown Beaver song always skips to next song at 1:05

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Web player (but also happens on android app)

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

The song Wynona's Big Brown Beaver skips to the next song every time I listen to it from any device, when it hits 1:05-1:06.  I can then go back and listen to is after 1:07 but, if it just plays normally it will skip 100% of the time at that same spot.

First Song in their list

6 Replies

Hey @jemer99.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We tried it on our end and it seems that the song plays fine. So could you please try a quick reinstallation? You can read here how.

If it's not working, could you then please try a different account you (or a friend) might have? Let us know what the result is and we'll help further 🙂

Have a nice day!

playing directly from the web browser on chrome, this linked song experiences the exact same behavior for me

https://open.spotify.com/album/4zj8UNQeBccOC3OS8ZNthE

Chrome:

Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

song 3 in the above post.

Hey there @jemer99,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

In this case, we'd recommend trying disabling the Crossfade settings in the desktop app and let us know if that makes any difference.

You can find more info on how to disable Crossfade here.

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know if it persists when listening to this song from another account, as @Guido suggested.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It is not on the desktop app, I am listening on the browser. I don't see a section about crossfade on the browser at all, nor a settings. I have tried it on 3 different accounts and a few friends that also use the browser. This happens on EVERY SINGLE ACCOUNT and for every person.  There's no way it's just us.  You have to be able to repro this.  Not the biggest deal, but sort of a pain to have to rewind from the next song and then pick past 1:05-1:06 for the song to continue to play.  Also happen on my android, and i can't skip past it on there. I assume it's something wrong in the song itself that crashes with your player to thing the song is over.  

Hey @jemer99.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It does sound like something might be wrong with the song. You can find information on how to report a broken song here.

Thanks for your cooperation. If you have further questions, let us know.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts