Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhoneX, Samsungs S10, Windows 10 PC, Sonos One

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi Community,

When I share one of the common playlist (like "Songs to sing in the car") the person I share the playlist with got a completely other playlist composed. Why? It makes no sence to share a playlist, when the other guy getting something completely different. It is not just in another order, there are completely different songs in it.

So my question, how to share a common/proposed playlist so that the other guy gets exactly the same playlist.

Example:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWWMOmoXKqHTD?si=nyVXcvbfTgW3HS8wkh1DxQ

Try it on different accounts, and you will get different songs. wth?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers, Laserstrahl

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Laserstrahl.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's possible to share a copy. It's easiest to do this on a computer.

Simply create your own playlist and go to the playlist with the songs you like. Select all songs (Ctrl/Cmd+A) and drag all songs into your own playlist. This playlist will stay the way it is.

We're trying to create a more personalized experience by having some Spotify playlists change based on the users listening behavior.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Laserstrahl.

Thanks for getting in tough!

Certain Spotify playlists vary per person. We base this on what the user listens to so we can create a playlist that fits even beter 🙂

Hope this explains your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Okay, but so it makes no sence to share such a playlist to be honest.

Is there a way to create some kind of copy of such a playlist, and share this copy?

--> When I share a playlist I want that the other guy will have exactly the same playlist. Otherwise you could just disable that option at all...

Please let me know how to achieve this!

Marked as solution

Hey @Laserstrahl.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's possible to share a copy. It's easiest to do this on a computer.

Simply create your own playlist and go to the playlist with the songs you like. Select all songs (Ctrl/Cmd+A) and drag all songs into your own playlist. This playlist will stay the way it is.

We're trying to create a more personalized experience by having some Spotify playlists change based on the users listening behavior.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts