Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Discover Weekly always have me the songs I never listen to?

Why does Discover Weekly always have me the songs I never listen to?

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Device

iPhone/Laptop

Operating System

iOS 15/Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I always listen to English and Korean songs every day, but every week when Discover Weekly updates, there are always few Indian songs inside the list. Even I disliked every Indian songs every week, next week Discover Weekly still pushes Indian songs to me. I never listen to any one of Indian song, but why? How can I do to make it disappear from my Discover Weekly?

3 Replies

Hey @NikiLin,

Thanks for the post.

The Discover Weekly is automatically generated based on your listening history and what is most popular with other users who listen to similar music.

We recommend listening to more of what you love, following liked artists and liking songs and albums. You can also block some artists of Indian music by going into the artist profile on Mobile page> click the 3-dot menu> Don't play this. Like this you should stop seeing recommendations for these.

Note that if your account is logged on a communal device like a home speaker/ car etc. to which other people have access, their music requests might also influence your algorithm.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply, Alex. To be honest, it didn't solve my problem at all. I've used Discovery Weekly for more than 1 year, and I never see any Indian song appear in the list until few weeks ago. Since I joined Spotify Premium, I always listen English and Korean songs, and sometimes Chinese songs as well. I have no idea how Spotify algorithm runs recently, and guess what, another Indian song still appeared in my list this week.

Hi there @NikiLin,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible that you've left yourself logged into a different device or borrowed you account to someone that might be listening to different music than you?

If you - we suggest that you log out from everywhere by following the steps that provided in this article.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts