Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify play ear training not daily mix?

Why does Spotify play ear training not daily mix?

Using Spotify on Alexa, playing on Sonos speaker. When we ask Alexa to “play daily mix 1” (or 2 or 3, etc) it plays ear training instead.
14 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?

Thanks in advance,

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mine started doing this a couple of days ago. I have a routine set to “play daily mix 1” on my echo. It doesn’t start playing the ear training until long after the routine ends and I have already listened to something else on my phone. It seems to do it after I tell my work echo to "play". 

I have the work Alexa connected via Bluetooth to a Bose Soundtouch 10. 

Hey there @Lauren11993

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Just to confirm, does the Alexa play first the Daily mix as expected? Also, does this happen when you try listening directly on the Alexa device? 

On another note, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same problem here.  Started a few days ago. When I ask Alexa to play any of my Spotify Daily Mixes, it only plays “Ear Training - Mixed Intervals”. 

Hey @Lm76,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, can you share with us the info @Joan asked above? This way we can continue investigating this further. 

On another note, it'll be helpful if you could send us a video recording of the mentioned behavior. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, as mentioned by @Eni, we'd recommend to check if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates. If yes, try updating it to check if you notice any changes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I'm also having this issue, regardless of which specific Daily Mix I request it just plays a correspondingly numbered Ear Training track. I ensured my Echo Dot was up to date and even unlinked Spotify from the Alexa app and relinked it with no change. Below is a link to an audio recording of the behavior in question:

Audio 

Hey @Yuoaman,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We're afraid we couldn't open the video because of security reasons. Would you mind try posting it again? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator

I am also having this issue in playing daily mixes on all of my Alexa devices. However if we tell Alexa to switch to my husbands account it will play his daily mixes just fine?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your comments.

@Yuoaman, the Google Drive link works, thank you for uploading it.

@Davis11, we appreciate this additional info. Is there by any chance another household member besides your husband that can test this out?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, my husband, teenage daughter and I all share a Spotify family account. Alexa allows us to switch accounts by our names. Only my account plays ‘ear training’ when we request daily mixes no matter which one of our Echo devices we are using. (There are 5 in our household).

I, too, have similar issues. If I ask Alexa to "play Daily Mix # on Spotify" it gives me instrumental piano training or something else random that has the number in the name that I gave it. In a routine I created, I used a Music & Podcasts action and filled it with:
Play: Daily Mix 4

From Provider: Spotify

Timer: None

This gave me piano training. I tried changing the Play text box to: "my Playlist named Daily Mix 4" and I got the same. I am able to play manually created/saved playlists from my account via routines, just can't play daily mixes either by voice or routine.

Previously, I could say “Alexa play my daily mix 1”, and it would play my daily mix on Spotify. Now this happens. 

Me: “Alexa play my daily mix 1”

Alexa: “Here’s a station you might like: easy pop on Amazon music. ”

Me: “Alexa play my daily mix 1”

Alexa: “Ear training mixed intervals daily practice 1 by ear training from Spotify”

Me: has to start Spotify on my phone, and then manually set it to play on the echo dot.

I've been having the same issue on and off for months, getting very frustrating.  I have several Amazon Echo devices, all up to date, and it's a gamble when I ask it "Play daily mix #" (# being 1 through 6) whether it will play the actual daily mix, or that annoying ear training.  Spotify, you need to fix this already!

Suggested posts