Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does my music keep pausing?

Solved!

Why does my music keep pausing?

I have premium and my downloaded music keeps pausing like 10 secs in, even when I have connections....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

@SarahBali, would you mind sending over your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? If you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, let us know which ones so we can give you better suggestions.

@happyfitawesome, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the desktop app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. Also, make sure that your browser is up to date.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I hear you there... 

I am having the same issue where songs will stop 9 seconds from start and not play again. It happens randomly and there is no rhyme or reason for it. It also happens on an often-enough basis to make Spotify almost unlistenable because of the annoyance and inconvenience.  I am using the Spotify Web Player on Google Chrome. I had the same issue using the Spotify App on my Windows computer and switched to the Web Player to see if it would resolve. No such luck. I have tried deleting out the history, clearing cookies, and using it in incognito mode. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

@SarahBali, would you mind sending over your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running? If you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, let us know which ones so we can give you better suggestions.

@happyfitawesome, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the desktop app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. Also, make sure that your browser is up to date.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

NovyModerator

Iโ€™m not sure of what version of Spotify I was using, but I contacted customer service via tweeter and they were able to help. They also suggested a reinstall, I just needed to uninstall everything and reinstall and so far my music is working great, no stop or anything. You just have to download your music again, but youโ€™re playlist are still there so it works great.

Yeah just uninstall the app and reinstall it again and it should start working good. I think we had the old version of Spotify maybe thatโ€™s why.

Hi @SarahBali

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We're glad to hear that everything is now working as it should.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Have a lovely day ๐Ÿ™‚

NovyModerator

I have done both of those.

What else do you recommend?

Thanks

Hi there @happyfitawesome

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Just to make sure, is this happening only in the desktop app or in the web player as well?

On another note, would you mind trying with a different network, for example creating a hot spot on your phone and using that?

Also, we recommend restarting your router to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

I experience this on both the desktop app and web player. Regardless of device (PC or Laptop) and network.

Hey @ASIDIUS,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps. Any additional details (such as device's make, model and OS) will be very helpful to our investigation as well. Sending us some screenshots of how the issue looks like would come in handy. 

Lastly, you mentioned that the issue persists on the web player - could you please share with us which browser you're using? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Im using a pixel 6 with app running and connected to a home theater. Ive changed network, reinstalled spotify app, tried other phones, it keeps pausing. It is now happening on my computers desktop via the web player on a network outside of my home. 

Hi there @cynthiakessel,

Thanks for the reply. So that we can look into this further, could you please make a screen recording on at least two different devices showcasing the exact behaviour and send those to us? If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts