Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is music still listed but not playable?

Solved!

Why is music still listed but not playable?

I don't think this is device / os-specific.

My Question or Issue:

The album linked below, which I have been playing for months, now has most of the tracks unplayable.  I've attached a screenshot of the message I get when I try to play a 'grayed-out' song by double-clicking.

Why can't I play these songs???

Link to album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3z2o3AnS2VWPIMUWpXOsDc?si=WF55mRBRTjWXdpU3319yTw

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 8.07.06 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Some songs on the Spotify platform are restricted by market, and are unable to be played in certain countries. This has to do with the licenses held between Spotify and the artist/record label. Spotify is striving to add new music to their platform everyday, and as you've seen, licenses adjust frequently, so just because it isn't available now doesn't mean it won't be playable in future! More information about content availability, although brief, can be found here!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Some songs on the Spotify platform are restricted by market, and are unable to be played in certain countries. This has to do with the licenses held between Spotify and the artist/record label. Spotify is striving to add new music to their platform everyday, and as you've seen, licenses adjust frequently, so just because it isn't available now doesn't mean it won't be playable in future! More information about content availability, although brief, can be found here!

Suggested posts