Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is spotify skipping several songs, or stopping in the middle of songs?

Why is spotify skipping several songs, or stopping in the middle of songs?

Everytime I go to play music on spotify it always skips a few songs, then stops on like the 6th one in queue. And then after 10 seconds there will be no sound.
10 Replies

I'm having the same issue, and the lack of response is kind of a pain...

Hi folks!

What device are you experiencing this on? Does the same occur on any other devices that you use (a friend's or a relative's device would also do) or on the Web Player? In any case a short screen recording which shows what's happening on your end would be greatly appreciated.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I would love to get a screen recording, but my Chromebook won't let me record while copyrighted content is playing. I'm experiencing the issue on the web player and the Chromebook Spotify app. 

Hey @bloomingallium,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

In a Chromebook, as there's no official app yet, we'd recommend using the Web Player as it looks like the desktop app. However, since it's still a web page, different factors could interfere in its proper performance. First, we'd suggest deleting the all cache and cookies from your browser as it might be causing issues. 

In case that the issue persists, would you mind trying in an incognito window to see if it makes any difference?

If not, could you try to check in a different device to see if the issue happens as well?

We'll be waiting for your next response. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've tried all the troubleshooting things you've mentioned and none of them work. It currently still works on my iPhone, but the issue persists on my chromebook. I've tried all the standard troubleshooting and none of it has fixed it - this appears to be a problem on your end or my OS's end.

Hey @bloomingallium,

Can you let us know if music plays fine on the Webplayer? 

Note that if you're using a school/ work Chromebook or a school network some networking ports might be blocked by your administrator, which in turn is causing this issue.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

It does not work in the web player - this is my home chromebook on a home network.

Hey @bloomingallium,

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you tell us if there's any OS update available for your device?

On another note, we suggest that you log out everywhere. You'll find this option by scrolling down here. Afterwards, restart your Chromebook and tell us if the issue still persists. 

We'll be on the lookout for your answer.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

No OS update is available, and a hard reboot and log out didn't work either. 

Hey @bloomingallium,

Thanks for the input.

Could you first try to clear the cache and cookies of the browser you're using on the Chromebook? If that doesn't help, we'd like you to try a different browser and let us know how it went.

If the issue still persists, could you download the Android app on the Chromebook?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts