Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will Spotify pay from Facebook 30 sec preview button?

Solved!

Will Spotify pay from Facebook 30 sec preview button?

If I preview shared track on Facebook from 30 seconds preview, does Spotify pay for rightholders?

Is there any difference between being logged in or logged out to Spotify account?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately for us, artists, not. All plays count from the 31st second.

Notice also that if you have a track of 22 seconds (as I have in one of my releases) you will see eternally <1000 plays, even it was played 1 million times.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yo @user-removed,

I think the reason for it to be 30 seconds is to not pay for it. It's a sample. Everybody can listen to a fragment of the song.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately for us, artists, not. All plays count from the 31st second.

Notice also that if you have a track of 22 seconds (as I have in one of my releases) you will see eternally <1000 plays, even it was played 1 million times.

That makes sense, thanks.

So I need to listen it from the browser Web Player in order to contribute to the music industry.

Marked as solution

Yo @user-removed,

I think the reason for it to be 30 seconds is to not pay for it. It's a sample. Everybody can listen to a fragment of the song.

@hpguru if you want to support financially And with the statistics, make sure you listen at least 31 seconds, either on the browser or desktop versión.

@hpguru if you want to have fün with the subjects, read the story of the app Eternify. This app played in loop 30 seconds of each song of your preferred artist, to generate royalties.
Within hours Spotify reacted and within days the app was taken down.

A starting point to read: http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/23/8830029/eternify-spotify-loop-payments

Have fün
Juan

Suggested posts