Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will my playlist still be available to others if I unsubscribe to premium?

Solved!

Will my playlist still be available to others if I unsubscribe to premium?

I've got a book coming out this summer from a major publisher, and I'm planning to create a playlist to share with my readers as bonus content. I'd give them the Spotify link along with a bookmark and temporary tattoo. I have a question though:

If I make this playlist, and then in the future unsubscribe from Spotify Premium, will the playlist still be available to the readers?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I think even if you unsubscribe from Premium in the future, if you have your playlist set as 'Public,' others will still be able to see your playlist. 🙂

Also, congratulations in advance for your book! (Sorry if that sounds weird)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello @forkandspoon1

As @AyuTheHuman mentioned, people can still enjoy your playlist, even if you revert back to Free. 

And just to clarify, if you make your playlist secret, other users can still access it if they have a link, Spotify Code or they're already following it. The playlist just won't be displayed on your Spotify profile. 

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I think even if you unsubscribe from Premium in the future, if you have your playlist set as 'Public,' others will still be able to see your playlist. 🙂

Also, congratulations in advance for your book! (Sorry if that sounds weird)

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the quick response AyuTheHuman!

And it doesn't sound weird at all to say congrats on the book - thank you so much! 

Follow up question - so would a private playlist definitely be inaccessible in this scenario?

Anytime!

Yes, as long as your playlist is privated, nobody else other than you can access it.

Marked as solution

Hello @forkandspoon1

As @AyuTheHuman mentioned, people can still enjoy your playlist, even if you revert back to Free. 

And just to clarify, if you make your playlist secret, other users can still access it if they have a link, Spotify Code or they're already following it. The playlist just won't be displayed on your Spotify profile. 

I hope this helps! 

Suggested posts