Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will private session prevent music from showing in the Year-in-Review?

Will private session prevent music from showing in the Year-in-Review?

So I play a lot of Kidz Bop for my preschoolers, which I'm totally fine with. However, I'm pretty sure that at this rate, Kidz Bop is going to be the #1 artist on my Year-in-Review when it comes out in December, and I'd reeeeally rather see the artists/music I listen to for myself towards the top of the list.

So my question is: If I start turning on Private Session when I play kids' music, will it still count towards my end-of-the-year stats? Or will it "cancel out" the music I play while it's on?

(And yes, I know it's probably too late at this point, but I'd still like to know!)

2 Replies

Hi bellemai,

I can't find any information about how private sessions affect the Wrapped playlist, but according to these two threads, private sessions block that music from affecting playlists such as your Discover Weekly. I would think that Wrapped would fall under the same umbrella. If so, then it would benefit you to use private sessions when listening to Kidz Bop. I'm asking around to see if anyone else has an exact answer on this; if I hear anything else about it, I'll let you know! 

Hope this helps in the meantime. 

Hi again bellemai,

I just got some clarification: private session won't block that music from showing up in Wrapped at the end of the year. So looks like you might have a kids music Wrapped this time around. 

If music played during a private session blocking it from being in Wrapped is something you would like to see in the future, I would suggest submitting a new idea on the Idea Exchange.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts