Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Windows Phone] Lumia 640 won't connect to Spotify via mobile data

[Windows Phone] Lumia 640 won't connect to Spotify via mobile data

Microsoft Lumia 640
T-Moblie
Unlimited data
Spotify Premium

For whatever reason, Spotify refuses to allow me to use it on a mobile network.  I see no settings to change this.  Under "Settings -> Offline & Sync" it identifies my connection type as "WiFi" and will not change to mobile data, just say "Spotify is offline" and "Spotify cannot be reached on this connection".

What am I missing here?  I have no problem streaming anything else (iHeartRadio, if it *ever* works, Xbox Music, Xbox Music Radio, TuneInRadio, MixRadio) except this app - which *should* also be covered by T-Mobile's music freedom.  What's going on here?  Getting annoying as I primarily use Spotify in the car.

9 Replies

anyone?

😞

I am also having this issue. I uninstalled the app to see if that would help, but now I can't even log in. It just tells me I have no network connection.

I did the same thing and had the same issue - had to drive to Starbucks to log back in!

Microsoft Lumia 1020
T-Moblie
Unlimited data
Spotify Premium

I have the same issue since I have updated my Lumia to the latest technical preview of Windows Phone 10. Before the update (first TP of WP10) everything was fine!

And I am not able to use some apps for sending/receiving files (for example WhatsApp) via data connection. I have no idea what´s going wrong =(

I found a solution for my case!

I have no idea why, but I had the wrong APN settings after the last update. Check your APN setting. Perhaps it is the solution for your problems.

greetz

Could you expand on what APN settings you used? Did you add a manual APN?

Never mind. The Googles save the day again. In case anyone else needs the fix and you are on T-Mobile, see this link:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/235995-t-mobile-apn-settings.html

No manual APN settings on any devices

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Do you mean that you can't set a manual APN on your device?

Suggested posts