Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Phone users deserve the same treatment

Windows Phone users deserve the same treatment

Yes, this was asked before, but you guys don't seem to get it here. Therefore here is yet another angry Windows Phone spotify user post:

Dear spotify developers,

As of yesterday I am a spotify premium user and while I find it a huge improvement on my pc, I am deeply disappointed by the support for Windows Phone.

For example: If you read this message you are in the Help - Other section instead of a proper Windows Phone section. iOS has a proper section, Android has a proper section, but Windows Phone is considered "Other" by you guys simply because apparently we are trash to you.

Well, spotify, I am a paying user but I do not have the same treatment as other paying users who decided to buy an Andoid or iOS device. Yes, we did receive a huge update back in may that provided us with a lot more stuff than before, but where is local file syncing? Where is scrobbing to last.fm? Where are those features spotify? Are we really that unimportant to you guys that you decide to give us less features for the same amount of money?

Spotify developers, as a paying customer I have the right to get equal treatment and equal features in comparison to other platforms and I wish to hear soon from you when we will get these features.

Florian Hoste

(sending this on another account as I can't connect using facebook on the community)

15 Replies

Bumping this to keep it active.

Overall I think the Windows Phone client is fine, but on principle I agree with everything said.

Hi there welcome!

Here on the community forums, there isn't a Windows Phone board only a few percentage of the Spotify users are on a Windows Phone. 

The help for Windows Phone is included in the description of this board (Get help with Sonos, Windows Phone, Playlists, Tracks and more!).

I agree with your point about the same treatment of functionality. I would recommend adding your kudos and support to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Please-make-the-Spotify-Windows-Phone-app-functionall...

Once it hits 100+ kudos, it will get reviewed by the staff.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Actually on this board Help - Others you can't say much about available support. No one from Spotify helping, only users helping each other... and rock stars... That's all how interested Spotify is in WP customers... incl. updates.

Update:

Thanks for the update, spotify, but we still need local file syncing. As long as that isn't added, we're still behind other platforms.
Please release this feature as soon as possible.

Florian Hoste

If you find the lack of LOCAL FILE SYNC importantor remotely important too then click here for this post: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-quot-Local-Files-Syncing-quot-to-Windows-Phone-Ap...

The link is unavailable mate. I myself clicked on it before already though

Another update: With the past two updates, Scrobbling to last.fm and Your Music have finally been added to the app. We now have more features than before, however....we STILL miss Local File Syncing!

Spotify, just add it already! It's basically all we ask for right now

Windows phone app is still missing that equalizer Android devices have. People say WP has built in equalizer, but the equalizer inside spotify is far better for bass and etc. I have android and windows phone devices and I can compare. Even setting WP equalizer for bass boost, it is still not the same quality. I think I'm going to search for another music streaming service that care about their paying customers.

As an Update and added remark...

- By now Windows Phone (10) also has local file sync.

Missing still is indeed the equalizer.

I also think it could use Screen rotation for at least 90 degrees.

And last but not least, Spotify is muted/paused when Windows Phone navigation is on.

On Android the Navigation merely dims the Spotify sound to the background and then continues playing at normal volume. I do not know if either is a limitation due to Windows or a lacking feature in the Spotify software, either way... please add.

Bumping this yet again, because we STILL don't have spotify connect/local file syncing (whichever you want to call it)!

Holy crap spotify, you guys must be really incompetent, aren't you?

- Windows Phone (10) should already have local file sync.
I left a 3 star review, with following notes:
- Missing still is indeed the equalizer.
- I also think it could use Screen rotation for at least 90 degrees.
- Connect is not available.
- Playlists can't be sorted in any way.
- And last but not least, Spotify is muted/paused when Windows Phone navigation is on.
On Android the Navigation merely dims the Spotify sound to the background and then continues playing at normal volume. I do not know if either is a limitation due to Windows or a lacking feature in the Spotify software, either way... please add.

I recently bought a Lumina640xl and (re-)downloaded Spotify. Though I had to re-download everything because data-transfer only works on contacts and pictures as far as I know, it seems to be working okay, but I've lost a lot of options it seems. For instance, the equalizer is completely gone. In fact, that's the only thing I can tell for sure is missing, but the settings menu seems bare. Any help out there?

I was also wondering if there are actually any people that work @ Spotify? Does anyone know for sure?

Hi,

For as long as I've had the lumia 960 (11 months) I've been having the same
peculiarities in x platform service apps like Spotify. Indeed the equalizer
is not accessible, but that's because the windows phone also does not
provide a fully operational equalizer.
Another, and most annoying, thing is that there is no way of sorting your
playlists. By default the lists are ordered by 'date added' descending.
Troublesome when playlistst ar way longer than 150 songs or so since
loading the track info into the screen is not fas by a long shoy either.
Scrolling too fast might have you end up back at the top or should I say
'bottom' of the list. The Spotify app for Windows phone is a mere interface
to the service with a UX of ZERO.
These are some of many reasons I reverted back to an Android
phone...Nevertheless I wish you best of luck and I hope the other phone
features will not disappoint you (as much). 😉

Suggested posts