Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows phone 8.1 spotify gets stuck when loading the app.

Solved!

Windows phone 8.1 spotify gets stuck when loading the app.

When i open the app it satys in the loading page... it never loads.. i tried to reinstall and works but again i am back to the same problem. is very anoying since i cannot even play any music.. i am paying for nothing :S 

39 Replies

tried re-installing, tried re-setting the phone, the app just sticks on the loading screen. I'm going to have to go back to my iphone 4 as I can't do without Spotify. Though I much prefer my Windows phone/

I know the feel bro...

my sub with spotify is through my provider so I cant quit them.

but be certain I will go to Deezer ASAP.

The support for WP is ridiculous. No one is even reading this... just other users.

I see only loading dots. I tried uninstall, reboot and install again. I logged out from all of te devices via Spotify page.

But still I can't open the WP app! This sucks! Fix it!

After perseverance I managed to work out the problem.

Its an SD Card issue.

I switched off the check box in Settings / Storage Sense that makes the device store music on the SD card. I then re-installed Spotify and it worked. I then re set the Storage Sense settings back to Save Music On SD Card and it still works ok.

Odd thing is, Spotify was installed on the SD Card. NOTE TO SPOTIFY TEAM... LOOK AT THIS SD CARD ISSUE AS ITS A PAIN IN ASS.
Marked as solution

In my Lumia 1020 it takes about 5-10 minutes to get the app work. Spotify app for Windows Phone is brilliant piece of S-H-I-T.

I wouldn't strictly blame Spotify for errors on Windows phone. I have been trying to get Credit Card Payment apps, and while the apps are all available on Android and iPhone, security issues on the Wondows mobile system mean making apps for the hardware is very difficult. IHopefully Windows mobile 10 will address the issues dogging the platform.

Spotify is only app in my phone that doesn't work as it should, so I'm pretty sure that the problem is in Spotifys end. My Lumia 1020 works fine.

And also other platforms seem to have similar problems: "I've just sighted up for a premium account and have been enjoying spotify all day. Then tonight I updated the spotify app on my iPad mini and now it crashes shortly after opening, every time. "

darn... having this problem for the first time on my two Lumia phones (520 & 940)

Tried the deleting/rebooting/reinstalling but didn't work...

Went to Settings / Storage Sense and changed the intstallation to  the phone (instead of the sd card). I then re-installed Spotify and it ... didn't work....

Will keep trying a bit and if it keeps failing I'll change my family account to Deezer.

2 years a premium user but sometimes a frustrated Spotify customer...

Interesting how there seems to be so many serious bugs in such a major piece of software.

KOENC, you need to switch the setting marked "store new music, photos and podcasts" to PHONE. then re-install the app. If it works then go back to Storage Sense and switch the setting back to SD Card.

Tried it... Will try it again... hours wasted trying to solve it...  Aaaaargh...  Meanwhile my daughter has no problem with her Spotify app so maybe I'll need a to reinstall my phone to factory settings... grmbl...

I completely reinstalled my phone, factory settings and still nothing.  When I tried to create a new account : Spotify working without any problem.  What...the...%*#  I should have known since my daughter can keep using Spotify on the same type of Lumia phone without a problem.  

I have cancelled my old subscription and created a new account but I won't make a habit out of this.  I wonder what made my old account crash on windows phone ...

Lumia 735 user. Denim OS. The Spotify app worked perfectly up to the otherwise brilliant Denim upgrade. Since then I have had to make doo with Mixrad.io. That's about a year now! Spotify does not seem to want to be bothered by a few clients not being able to use their Premium account.
I almost always have my ear buds in when working...but listening to a realm good service like Mixrad.io only takes you that far.

My problem seems to be just the same as yours. I try to log in (does not matter if the app is stored in the phones memory or SD card) and the little dots just • • • • • •• do their little dance... For freggin ever. Nothing else happens.

I can still listen to Spotify on an old Motorola Defy+... But not on a modern Windows Phone.

Get your act together Spotify. I'm a bit embarrassed being a Swede as that's the country of Spotifys origin.

Cheers/Tom-Sweden

BTW... Since the Denim upgrade Netflix works like a charm. Kudos
Really longing for the WP 10 upgrade!

well... it was time to buy a new phone, and i decided to move back to
Android, shame of this support since this problem help me to decided to get
back to Android no problem there with spotify so....

YES! Six days until my subscription ends and Deezer brings an universal App for Windows 10. With spotizr it was very easy to export my playlists from Spotify to Deezer. Hello Deezer - now you will get my money. PS: Last Spotify-update for Windows Phone was on February 26th LAST YEAR! Are you kidding me Spotify?! Such a bad customer-service.

You should really consider Groove Music.  Now using it for several months since giving up on Spotify.  Tried Deezer too but it didn't have gapless playback (which is really important to me).  The major benefit of Groove Music is that you can play all your music that's stored on OneDrive.  

My problem with Groove Music is, that i've stored several hundrets of GBs of audiobooks on Onedrive - so far so good. The thing is, Groove isn't able to read the ID3-tags properly AND! it doesn't remeber where i stopped. Another thing is, i want to support developers of the plattform and since Groove is a part of Microsoft, i just would support them - not the plattform.

Me too - same problem with Lumia XL

Marked as solution

Hi,

I think it's time to realize Nokia phones are best forgotten, and especially the Nokia Spotify App. I've unfortunately paid for Spotify on a Nokia for two years now, but I got myself a Galaxy S7 today. Will post video later of me smashing the Lumia 930 with a sledge, with Spotify at "loading" still. I hope you look forward to it as much as i do.

Thanks, over and out..

I did what the people of Spotify advised me to do... Stopped using Windows Phone.  Bought an iPhone six months ago.... started using Apple Music.... Satisfied customer. 

Suggested posts