Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows phone and saving to SD Card

Windows phone and saving to SD Card

Hi,

Problem: Spotify saves my off-line music in the internal memory (pushing it completely full) while leaving lots of free GB's on the SD card empty.

I'm using a windows phone, I installed an SD card (64GB) and my internal memory is 8GB The SD card is known and in Windows I set the flag to save pictures and music to the SD card to preserve the internal memory.

I read some suggestion that Spotify chooses the best place once installed and that you first need to fill up the internal memory. So I de-installed Spotify, filled my internal memory to almost the max (about 400 Mb left free in internal memory and 15GB on SD-card). I again installed spotify and downloaded music for off-line usage. Again no solution. Spotify chose my internal memory for off-line usage.

Is there a way around this?

I use Spotify a lot when travelling and 3G becomes a bit expensive against downloading with WIFI at home

Thanks 

2 Replies

Unless the rules on SD card usage have changed since the release of WP 8, non-Microsoft apps were not allowed to write data to an SD card as far as I know.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

what about to a USB?  I have a 2nd phone I use for music only and I continue to "download" my playlist for use offline, but every time I plug it in to recharge, I have to RE-download all the playlists again.  Any ideas?

Suggested posts