Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrapped 2021 Blends - Not Updating Daily

Solved!

Wrapped 2021 Blends - Not Updating Daily

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone SE (2020)

Operating System

iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

I've made Wrapped 2021 Blends with 2 friends, and so far neither of them have updated, even with the autogenerated description saying that they're supposed to daily. Both friends have been active since the Blends were created, and our other updated-daily playlists (Daily Mixes, etc) still update as expected.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Werema,

Thanks for your post about this in the Community!

I'd be more than happy to explain, how the daily updating of your personalized mixes and Blends actually works. If a personalized mix (like the Daily Mix) is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed with new content. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. So this means that if you've played your Daily Mix / Wrapped Blends continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be updated for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the the personalized mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated using the existing pool of your already liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So in terms of getting really fresh new content pushed to these Blend mixes, you and your friend need to be actively exploring and adding new music to your own accounts for few weeks at least.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Werema,

Thanks for your post about this in the Community!

I'd be more than happy to explain, how the daily updating of your personalized mixes and Blends actually works. If a personalized mix (like the Daily Mix) is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed with new content. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. So this means that if you've played your Daily Mix / Wrapped Blends continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be updated for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the the personalized mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated using the existing pool of your already liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So in terms of getting really fresh new content pushed to these Blend mixes, you and your friend need to be actively exploring and adding new music to your own accounts for few weeks at least.

Hope this helps clarify things. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril, thank you for the reply! While I was trying to wrap my head around the conditional logic you laid out, I did check to see if the blends had updated, and they have reordered at least. It's sounding like making blends from fixed playlists such as the Wrapped ones won't really cause very dramatic changes when it does update (let me know if this is incorrect - this would be a little disappointing as I was hoping it would pull more in from each of our own Wrapped each day, maybe some additional tracks based on usage).

Hi @Werema

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that Wrapped Blends are regular blends which means they’re based on two users' listening habits and basically merge their top songs into one, with some sprinkle of discovery. 

The playlist updates on a daily basis to check for new music to add, but the users’ listening habits of course don’t change daily so it won’t have bigger changes in it. However, if you start listening to something new more intentionally so that it can be considered a favorite track and the Blend will start including it. 

On another note, the reason you can see the orders switch up is because there are fluctuations on how the current songs are rated as being increased or dropped off regarding how matched they're based on the listening habits. 

In this case, listening to the Made for you playlists such as Discover weekly, Daily mixes and other personalized content won’t cause it to change much, only after you've intentionally started listening to new favorites will the Blend start including them.

Hope this helps clearing things up. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts