Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Track names.. Content team do nothing.

Wrong Track names.. Content team do nothing.

The album Dirt by Alice in Chains is tracked incorrectly. I have pointed this out to spotify help twice... and their content team twice. This is now my FIFTH attempt in 5 months to get them to change the tracks

spotify:album:2VNui22dikp6XEMdK8j8Xs

If it helps the tracks are supposed to be as follows

1. Them Bones
2. Dam that River
3. Rain When I Die
4. Down in a Hole
5. Sickman
6. Rooster
7. Junkhead
8. Dirt
9. God Smack
10. Iron Man
11. Hate to Feel
12. Angry Chair
13. Would?

I used to get this service free... i joined nice and early, may even have made beta I'm not sure it was a long time ago. Now I subscribe... I pay for somethng I used to get free. The least I ask is that the songs I play are labelled correctly.

Spotify Pick a content Case Reference Number

21 Replies

GenestealerUK - I've just informed the relevant team about the error. Fingers crossed, it'll be sorted soon.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Battles – EP C/B EP

I've noticed errors in this album as well. 

The songs are ordered correctly, but  labelled incorrectly. 

Here is the correct order. I've included the track lengths. 

Example: On spotify, Battles – SZ2, is actually B+T, and the track lengths indicate as such.

Disc one: B EP  
No.TitleLength  
1. "SZ2"   9:19
2. "TRAS 3"   1:11
3. "IPT 2"   1:49
4. "BTTLS"   12:27
5. "DANCE"   4:43
6. "TRAS"   3:38
Disc two: EP C  
No.TitleLength  
1. "B+T"   6:09
2. "UW"   3:01
3. "HI/LO"   7:51
4. "IPT-2"   1:34
5. "TRAS 2"   5:50
6. "FANTASY"   9:09

Mode3517 - I've just forwarded this onto the content team to have a look at. Thanks for informing us.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

"Iron Man" is actually named Iron Gland or Intro (Dream Sequence). The track is unlisted on the actual album, which is most likely the source of all of the confusion.

Godflesh's "In All Languages" is a 2CD set, but the tracks from disc 2 are repeated as the first 13 tracks of disc 1, which you can see if you compare the track times. (For example, CD1 track 1 "Avalanche Master Song" is actually 5:14, not  8:16, which is the length of CD2 track 1.) As a result, the actual first 13 disc 1 tracks are not available. 

Godflesh – In All Languages

And, from some weeks ago, the tracks of this masterpiece (2nd CD) are in a wrong order: Glenn Gould – Glenn Gould: A State of Wonder: The Complete Goldberg Variations (1955 & 1981) : A Sta... Please, can you sort them listening to other editions of that work? (for instance, this one Glenn Gould – Bach: Goldberg Variations, BWV 988 (1981 Recording) [Expanded Edition] ) Thank you very much!

Minotaur Shock - Amateur Dramatics

the whole album is mislabled, all the tracks are there but the titles are in the wrong place.

Bon Iver - Stems Project

Again, mislabled tracks, only 1/3 album is playable?

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O

Track 3 is mispelled. 

I'm sure there are more in my playlists but, for now, that'll do.

Cheers

@Achello wrote:

Minotaur Shock - Amateur Dramatics

the whole album is mislabled, all the tracks are there but the titles are in the wrong place.

Bon Iver - Stems Project

Again, mislabled tracks, only 1/3 album is playable?

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O

Track 3 is mispelled. 

I'm sure there are more in my playlists but, for now, that'll do.

Cheers

Hey 🙂

The content team will be able to fix these mistakes much faster if you contact them directly.

All the details of how to report these issues are in this sticky at the top of this board.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Contacted, no reply or fix... I even know their email. :)))

Aww well that sucks 😞

Is it spotify we have to wait for or do they have to contact someone else like the record companies for them to correct it!?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes they contact and record labels send data. However Spotify use a **bleep**ty Gracenote that correct this meta data again to wrong... So here's problem.

This would be the worst tagged album on spotify.

They Might Be Giants – No!

Only one song is meant to be No!

I too wonder what all is involved.

Nearly two weeks ago, I jumped through all the contact form hoops and reported an instance where an album name is being reported as the artist's name, and the artist is attributed as the album name. All Artists Are Criminals – Cha Cha Cohen Spotify Case # 00315689

'Twould seem a relatively easy fix. The proper artist already exists as: Cha Cha Cohen

I even included musicbrainz links to verify.

If spotify are relying on gracenote, and the gracenote metadata is 1) not being updated as well, and 2) allowed to later re-edit/"correct" the spotify metadata -- then are we just wasting our collective time in attempting to help get these mistakes sorted?

It's January of 2013 now and the track listing for "Dirt" by Alice in Chains is still wrong.

How hard can it be to correct this?

almost every track on this album is incorrect, with the exception of jailhouse rock

http://open.spotify.com/album/4V6KRkeHd15WP9WV6tEV0O

Hi, Spotify Community.

I also found wrong song name.

See this track : https://play.spotify.com/track/7EnKmcizovIeIMXxYinFvJ  (song name is on Latin but on Ukrainian manner)

So please change name from "Kony Ne Plachutj" to "Ikony Ne Plachutj" 

Regards, Roman.

Thank you for pointing this out! Please follow the steps in
this post for reporting this to Spotify.

Did someone move a post incorrectly...?

@OviiiOne

@Liam , nope, I did the same as other correctly moved posts.

I didn't move it wrong, it moved wrong

Suggested posts