Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong spelling in Argentinian translations

Solved!

Wrong spelling in Argentinian translations

Hello, I've seen a lot of spelling mistakes in the Argentinian translation. For example on the web, it says "Registráte" (Register - imperative), while that's totally incorrect. The accent (á) does not belong there. Could you please check the translations and also the person who did them? They clearly have no idea about spelling.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ebln,

Just wanted to let you know that the translation you reported should now be updated on the spotify.com/ar page.

Thanks again for spotting this 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @ebin,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We'll be happy to report these to the relevant team.

Before we do that, do you mind making a list with the inaccurate/inconsistent translations you've come across, along with the relevant links and/or screenshots?

Once we have those, we'll make sure to pass them on.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

@Peter Hi, thank you for replying! I've been checking and it seems like they've just deleted many strings and put the same as the Latam ones (since I last checked the website, which was one or two years ago), so that just leaves the one I mentioned. It's odd because that's the only one that tries to be Argentinian but the whole rest of the page writes the verbs using a different pronoun (the one most of Latam uses). I guess it was just easier to put everything in Latam Spanish.

So, the only one is that: "Registráte", which should say "Regístrate" to match the pronoun of the rest of the page. Top right corner:

Screenshot 2019-12-26 at 16.48.45.png

And it's just the main screen, https://www.spotify.com/ar/

Thanks a lot for reporting it!

Hey @ebln,

Many thanks for getting back to us with that clarification.

We've now gone ahead and reported this to the right team, who will look into it.

Let us know if you spot anything else in the meantime!

Take care for now 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @ebln,

Just wanted to let you know that the translation you reported should now be updated on the spotify.com/ar page.

Thanks again for spotting this 🙂

Suggested posts