Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha MusicCast - how to use it in the best way?

Yamaha MusicCast - how to use it in the best way?

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Motorola G5S, Yamaha MusicCast ISX-80

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I have purchased Spotify Connect enabled wireless speaker thinking that it will manage my Spotify streaming in an easy way. Unofrtunately it doesn't or I don't know how to do it. There for I'd like to ask Yamaha MusicCast devices users to help me.

What I want: to play playlists that are assigned to buttons on the remote

When I switch on the speaker, use Yamaha's MusicCast app and Spotify on top of it choosing the device to use, all works fine.

The issue is that when the speaker is powered off and powered on again, I can't play assigned playlists using the remote. What I need to do then is start over with the app on the phone, choose the speaker as the playing device and take it from there.

This means that the only option to keep it working is to leave the speaker always powered on. Maybe that's a feature, I don't know.

Still, I'd like to keep it off purely from the energy consumption perspective.

What am I doing wrong? What is your experience with MusicCast?

3 Replies

Hey @JWoznica.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

You mentioned that you can't play assigned playlists using the remote. Since we we aren't able to test this device in our office, and therefore don't have any prior experience with it, could you explain how the assigned playlists work with the remote so that we can get a better idea of it?

Once we have that information, we should be in a better position to troubleshoot your issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Instead of looking how the remote works, I would suggest looking into how Yamaha's MusicCast system works with Sporify in general.

It is used in variety of Yamaha products.

Hey @JWoznica

In general, when turning off and on a speaker that has been connected to another device via Spotify Connect, this resets the connection, or the connection gets "forgotten" by the speaker, which is why you need to connect it again through the Spotify app. We believe this is what's happening for you if we've understood this behaviour correctly. 

For more info about this, you can try talking to the manufacturer. They might be able to answer some questions for you.

Hope this was helpful.

Suggested posts