Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha MusicCast no longer showing as device

Yamaha MusicCast no longer showing as device

Plan

Family Premium

Country

UK

Device

Yamaha CRX-N470D / Spotify Android / Spotify OSX

Operating System

Android / OSX

My Question or Issue

At christmas I bought my yamaha music cast system and immediately connected it to spotify which has worked great until yesterday. For no aparent reason my music cast is no longer showing up on spotifies list of devices on either my phone or laptop. I can see my playstation and my macbook and phone but no more music cast...

Please note the firmware for music cast was updated a month or so ago and had no problems until the other day or so. Both my spotify apps phone and mac updated this week but I do not know if this was before the issue.

Please help!

13 Replies

Hey @Metadiv, help's here. 

First, try restarting all your devices (and speakers) by unplugging them and plugging them back in. Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hello, 

I have the same problem, and nothing seems to help.  I have tried factory reset for the Yamaha WXC50, spotify re install, different android device, reboot wifi etc. What should I do next?

Yamaha told me to turn off the hifi at the wall, let it reboot and problem was solved.

I have had random problems since we got the Yamaha system - sometimes it was even randomly starting to play music so that we had to unplug the thing.

Now it won't connect to Spoifty - in the devises menus it says 'can't connect right now. I have updated the firmware and reinstalled spoitify.

Any further suggestions?

Same here; Musiccast does not show up as a device in Spotify on my mobile. It is a continuous struggle with these things. Big advertisments of how easy everything is and half the time it is either not working at all or not as easy. Airplay also doesn't work since Musiccast does not support Airplay2 which now is the current application.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

You should try the steps @Jemi suggested. If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to also perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app using the steps here. This way you can make sure that there are no faulty installation files that might be causing this. Try also using another internet connection, as this would help us pinpoint the root cause of the problem.

If that doesn't fix things, see if turning of the Hi-Fi and restarting the device helps like @Metadiv suggested, as this is an advice from the manufacturer and did the trick for him.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here. I've found a workaround that (sometimes) works for me. Even though the speaker doesn't show up on Spotify, it allows me to connect with Net Radio using the MusicCast app. If I do this first, then go back into the Spotify app, then it usually appears as an available device.

Hope this helps! 

I have done the unplugging power and wait..  and holding the power button down 15 seconds until the unit restarts 3 or 4  times now.  This has succeeded but honestly to have to do this everyday is very poor snswer, and not a solution.

This is a software bug!!! Fix it. I purchased the unit specifically for its wireless capabilities. 

Hi @Jldavis,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

We recommend that you confirm if there's any firmware update available for your Yamaha unit (you can check the current version by pressing the "Option" button on the remote control > select “System Config” using the "Up/Down" buttons > press "Enter" > select “Firm Version” accordingly). If there's a new version available, we suggest updating your firmware and restart your devices (unit + phone).

Keep us in the loop.

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Exactly the same problem... bug from the app.. 

I have a mesh wifi at home, in the mesh app i can see that my yamaha wx-021 is conected, but music cast just dont detects... after several trys.. and resets.. it detects and i can configure. The next day... is all the same... frustating

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

First make sure, that there are no pending firmware updates on the Yamaha device. If there are none and you still can't see the device in the Connect picker, try resetting the device to its factory settings.

Also try the following:

1. Open your playback device's network settings
2. Look if you can find any DHCP / IP / DNS settings 
3. If such are present, turn DHCP off and put a static IP with a new DNS: 64.225.68.86

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

It's still broken. Mine connects, or, at least says it's connected, but, will not get any audio upon playback. All devices up to date with firmware and spotify app on iOS. 

Hey @wkhatch,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please check whether the issue persists when the devices are connected to a hotspot on your phone? This way we can be sure that this isn't caused by your router/ISP settings.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts