Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC/Samsung Galaxy S7/Iphone 6/Ipod Touch/Ipad

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I found the following issue below that is a near mirror image of mine except for the Yamaha Receiver version.  I have tried all of the steps below with no success including the newest firmware update dated May 28th 2019.

Hi. For more than a year, I have a Yamaha RX-V685 stereo installation with Spotify Connect and everything has worked fine until a month ago. Suddenly, there is just no sound anymore. On my phone it says it's connected, on the stereo I can read the artist and the song, but the Yamaha just doesn't give any sound at all. The tuner still works fine on the Yamaha and I have also tried to play songs from another phone or from the desktop, but with no result. The speakers are also not the problem: the tuner function on the radio still works fine.

Good to mention is that I also tried to connect with Bluetooth this week, which I have never done before, and that gives the same problem: it says it's connected, but no sound.

Some additional information: I live in the Netherlands, have Spotify Premium and the Spotify app is up to date on every device.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to solve this problem?

3 Replies

Anyone?  I tried a manual update of my receiver, Factory reset, USB update still no go.  I also tried WIFI connection vs. LAN connection still no luck.  Running v 1.65 on Yamaha receiver. (Latest as of May 28th 2019)

I am out of Ideas.

I am having same issue.   RX-V685 + Music Cast 50 + WXA-50 2.1 Amplifier were all playing nicely for almost 12 months.   I could play spotify across all devices.   In the last week the RX-V685 Amp no longer will connect via spotify app / music cast app.

The device is shown in spotify and even shows it has connected and playing, but no action on the Amp.  I have tried all usual methods of factory re-setting etc, but no luck.  Very frustrating as finally put of lockdown and have some important functions planned and cannot use the system.   Any solutions?

Hi Tootelli, have you resolved the problem you met? I met the same issue with you(so sad

Suggested posts