Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha rx-v477

Yamaha rx-v477

Since today my Spotify is not working with Yamaha rx-v477!
I update the receiver firmware, connect and disconnect cables, but still my receiver is not detected in my soptify... both in iphone and macbook pro.

Although my Yamaha app works well in my iphone and I can control the receiber well.
So I guess it's a spotify issue!?

Any help?

7 Replies

Hey @helder_mota

Have you tried restarting the router too? 🙂

Sometimes network connections hang in some odd reason and restarting the router should refresh the network traffic well.

Unplug the router for a few minutes and then replug, or if you can access its console or webpage, you can use that.

Restart the receiver too.

It might be worth restarting the phone and computer too and check whether Spotify is updated, just to ensure they all start off fresh.

Let me know what happens. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Sebasty ,

Yes, I did restart my router, my receiver and my devices... I also updated firmware.

Althoug in my iphone and my macbook pro the receiver is not visible anymore in the soprify app!

This was suddenly... it just stop working.

Hi, I have the same problem last year 2017 it works well till december, then it works again and now it stops .

Have gived a restart no succes. 

do not know what I must do to let it works again have a (KPN Netherlands) premiun subscription

Read this, looks like this is going to make a lot of people unhappy. Luckily, Yamaha will fix my RXA1030 reciever to make it work again...

https://www.whathifi.com/news/spotify-kills-integration-some-older-hi-fi-and-av-kit

@helder_mota wrote:

Since today my Spotify is not working with Yamaha rx-v477!
I update the receiver firmware, connect and disconnect cables, but still my receiver is not detected in my soptify... both in iphone and macbook pro.

Although my Yamaha app works well in my iphone and I can control the receiber well.
So I guess it's a spotify issue!?

Any help?

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

We're updating Spotify on the below models of Yamaha speakers. 

To ensure you're rocking the latest version and can use Spotify Connect, update your speaker's firmware.

Check the manufacturer's guide for details.

RX-V475, RX-V575, RX-V675, RX-V775, RX-A730, RX-A830, RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030, RX-S600, CX-A5000, HTR-4066, HTR-5066, HTR-6066, HTR-7066, RX-V1075, RX-V2075, RX-V3075, RX-S600D, RX-V500D, TSR-6750, RX-V477, RX-V577, RX-V677, RX-V777, RX-A740, RX-A840, RX-A1040, RX-A2040, RX-A3040, HTR-4067, HTR-5067, HTR-6067, RX-V1077, RX-V2077, RX-V3077, TSR-5770, R-N500, CD-N301, R-N301, CRX-N560, CRX-N560D.

You can also check out other ways to listen on your speaker.

Cheers mate! rx-v477 will also be updated 😉

hello,

same receiver same problem...so what do we have to do? just wait?

I tried everything... I put my laptop as RX-V477 gateway and I saw some DNS query over wireshark...

something like this: esdk-ffl.spotify.com

does anyone has news or other info?

I already performed all the receiver upgrades available.

please suggest

Suggested posts