Plan

Premium 

Country

Uk

Device

iPhone 6/sonos one

Operating

My Question or Issue

When I ask Alexa to play a song through my Spotify it says I cannot stream through the speaker. I have Spotify premium. Please can someone help with this? Thank you

6 Replies

Hey @Braddersbbb, help's here.

We first suggest that you unlink Spotify from the Alexa app, and then add it again. Also, keep in mind that podcasts and local files cannot be played when streaming to another device. Can you try regular tracks available in the Spotify catalogue?

If that doesn't help, restart all your devices (and speakers), and make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date. Here, it might be better to reinstall the app.
  • All devices’ software are up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I have a similar problem with my premium and have tried these steps to no avail. The major difference is that in my case Google home is working just fine with Spotify but my Alexa devices all tell me that Spotify is not supported on this device. I get this message on all four of my Amazon devices. But all of my Google devices are fine.

I deleted the Amazon app and removed and reinstalled everything but there's still some disconnect and I don't know where to go being the Spotify doesn't have phone support... 😞

Rob

Hi all,

Has anyone solved this issue? Im having the same issue ive been trying everything on this forum and nothing has worked 😞

same issue for the last couple weeks - any solve?

I also still have this issue.

None of these options make it stay connected. I have to play the music then select a device. 

Suggested posts