Step 1

NEXT STEP

artists collaborate but the track only shows up on one artist

artists collaborate but the track only shows up on one artist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I noticed that when I listen to a collaborative song and want to go to the artists page, it only shows me the page of the first named artist and not giving me the option to select one artist that also appears on the track. This is giving me issues with last.fm where the song is scrobbled for only one artist.

for example:

I listen to the disney soundtrack of ZOMBIES 2, in the song 'flesh & bone' Milo Manheim, Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russel, Carla Jeffery, Chandler Kinney, Pearce Joza and Baby Ariel all sing but if I go to my last.fm it says the song is only by Milo Manheim and not by all the other artists.

I really want it to be fixed because in my history of last.fm it says I listened most to Milo Manheim for example while I listened to the soundtrack of zombies the most, featuring all of the actors/ artists

this is the same with collaborations like Taylor swift and Maren Morris and etc

3 Replies

Hey @lunayin,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Do you mean that you can't access the pages of other artists who collaborated on a track on the Spotify platform or is the issue limited only to last.fm? If it's the latter, please keep in mind that this is a separate service and we have no influence on how their systems work. In that case we'd recommend that you reach out directly to them here.

Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks for your reply!

i see the see with spotify itself, in the main post i had the example of ‘Flesh & Bone’ so i’ll use it in this reply too. in the first image you can clearly see all the artists mentioned, but when i press ‘go to artist page’ it redirects me to the first named artist, in this case Milo Manheim. it’s also in the queue, where it’s also stated as if Milo is the only artist.

7A1BDD89-F0E1-4062-AAAC-833BEF818795.jpeg

640BB1CF-1355-4D97-8CF5-90C578D08AC2.jpeg

Hey @lunayin,

Thanks for your reply and the screenshots.

We've checked on our end and all the artists appear below the song name when opening the Play Queue. Also, when playing a song and tapping on the 3-dot menu > View artists, all the involved artists appear and you can select which artist profile to go to. Can you try doing that and show us what you're seeing on your end?

Also, could you send us the URI or link of the playlist where you're seeing this behavior?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts