Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can I/how do I access the lyrics app (musixmatch) from within android spotify app

can I/how do I access the lyrics app (musixmatch) from within android spotify app

I am a premium user, using the spotify app for android. I'm wondering how to access lyrics from within the app (if possible?) I do have the musixmatch app downloaded on my phone as well. If that isn't possible, is it possible to play my queued music in musixmatch? Those are the lyrics I'm wanting but do not want to go through the hassle (at the moment) to make a playlist out of my queue... (which, by the way, definitely needs to be an added feature! Wish Grooveshark still worked for that reason alone...)
3 Replies

Hi!

Sorry, lyrics cannot be accessed in-app, although spotify has now begun to implement Genius annotations to songs. That means that on selected songs, if you pull up the track screen (when it's playing at the bottom, press and drag the bar up so you see the album cover), it will display some lyrics as they fit the song, as well as facts about the song or artist. they're working on expanding that, but right now it might not be available on much of your music. In addition, that's a great idea about the queue, you can search for it here, and if it hasn't already been proposed, start a new message and tell us about it! Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions(:

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Thank you for clarifying that issue, and promptly too. What about being able to play queued music (in spotify app) upon launching musixmatch?

hmm, not sure if I know entirely what you mean. When you play music through Spotify, it will keep playing in the background of any other app you open, so long as that app doesn't play audio. Meaning, you can listen to Spotify while you scroll through Instagram or search the web, but when watching a YouTube video or playing a video on twitter, Spotify will pause it's song so you can watch / listen to what's on screen. 

Hope that helped clarify 

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Suggested posts