Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't find sonos speakers on spotify connect

can't find sonos speakers on spotify connect

on my macbook i can see all 3 of our speakers on spotify connect and i can connect fine, but from my iPhone i can only see one. All of our devices are on the same wifi.
6 Replies

Hi @suziebach!

Could you try turning off Show local devices only in Spotify's settings on your iPhone? You can also check the Sonos app if you have the option Control Sonos from Spotify activated.

Does playing from a speaker that show up on your macbook cause it to show up on the iPhone as well?

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem. Sonos speaker not discoverable on Spotify app but Spotify still plays through the Sonos app. I’ve tried the above and also doing a full re-install of the Spotify app 

I have tried both of the first two options yes and no luck. When I connect to the speaker from my mac it does cause the speaker to show up temporarily on my phone again but it disappears after some time of not using the speaker. 

@yordan do you have any advice? 

Hey @Perplexed11,

Thanks for posting the troubleshooting steps you've tried.

In order to exclude network related issues, could you try to connect your speakers and the device you're running the Spotify on through a different network? Maybe a mobile hot spot.

Also make sure to list Spotify as an exception in your firewall settings, you've restarted your router and the affected devices.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue with Spotify Connect and SONOS since I switched from a Samsung Galaxy S21 to a S23. Did anyone figure out a solution?

Note: Other family members are not experiencing this issue with their devices on the same network with the same SONOS speakers.  I did try to re-authorize Spotify in the SONOS app btw.

Suggested posts