Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[google home] Allow each family member to play their own favourite music on google speakers

[google home] Allow each family member to play their own favourite music on google speakers

If one family member tries to play music, while another is also playing music on another device, we get the message "Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device"

I've upgraded us to Premium Family accounts -- but there doesn't seem to be any way to play in more than one place.

If I'm driving, and someone at home asks the google speaker to play music, the music in my car stops.

If I'm listing to music in the living room, and the kid asks the speakers to play in her room, my music stops.

If I'm at work listening to music on my headphones, and someone gets home and starts music, my music at work stops.

why why why?

It's driving us nuts - why can't we play different music at the same time? What's the point of a family account if only we can only stream music to one device at a time?

1 Reply

Make sure each member in your family has downloaded the Google Home app and is a member if your home.
Then, get each user to press the plus icon in the top left of the Google Home app, go to the "Add Services" section and select music. From there each member links their own Spotify account. 

What I suspect is happening is that one or more family members have not added their Spotify to Google Home, so it is trying to play off one account.

Let me know if this helps.

Suggested posts