how to add unicode symbols to track names

Plan

premium

Country

Device

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

my issue is dealing with distrokid distribution primarily and i was wondering how some artists put in songs with unicode symbols as part of the song name . ive seen it done before and i was wondering why distrokid doesnt allow artists to do this . on both spotify and apple music u can see this feature included so i want to ask is it something you can do within spotify itself to change your tracks name to implement this ? if there are any other artists who are aware of this feature and have used it id also like to ask does it just boil down to your distributor ? what distributor can i make the switch to if this is something important i want to include in my artistic expression

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @2am__marigoldro

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We’re happy to hear you found the answer you were looking for.

As to your query about the new post, feel free to start the desired thread on this help board.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @2am__marigoldro

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

thank you but i can already presume that they'd chalk it up to something i have to then get in contact with my distributor about , thats why i am looking for someone specifically who has added unicode symbols to their tracks and can give some insight without having to go through so much trouble to inquire about it all over the internet .

Hey @2am__marigoldro

We'd still suggest you get in touch with them as it's also possible that they'll provide you with the solution you're looking for.

You can contact the Spotify for Artists team here.    

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

update i was trying to get in touch with the spotify for artists contact but i found an answer pertaining to my question on the FAQ's . id like to settle this post as resolved but before i do that can u tell me where would be a suitable part of the forum to start a new post about this topic ? im looking for a fellow artist with experience in this area so anywhere where i could do that would be much appreciated if you could redirect me .
Marked as solution

Hey @2am__marigoldro

We’re happy to hear you found the answer you were looking for.

As to your query about the new post, feel free to start the desired thread on this help board.

hello, I have the same problem, could you please point me out the information you've found?

hey sorry for the long reply . haven't been able to find anything , tried to hit up spotify for artists they didn't help . emailed distrokid no help either . i know that spotify and music stores pull the song names straight off the metadata given by your distributor , so i'm going to try it out with amuse and if that doesn't work maybe ill look in to other distributors as well . interesting to note i have an upgraded plan on amuse and i have access to multiple artist accounts if i so choose . as a test i created a unicode named alter ego but i havent tried releasing a song as that artist yet . if youre interested we could do a side project thing with it and see if we can get it figured out

Suggested posts