Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to group speakers

how to group speakers

how to set up speaker groups
7 Replies

Hey there!

Thank you for asking your question in the Community!

What are the speakers in your possession? If you have multiple connected speakers of the same brand, such as more than one Sonos, Amazon Echo, Google Nest or Apple HomePod, you can create groups of speakers in your app to play music around the house or bedroom from a single device and Spotify account. 
In case the speakers are from different brands, there are some workarounds as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know what devices you're working with and we'll gladly take a further look into this.

Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Bose Wave Radio IV and  Bose speakers

These speakers can all be activated individually

Amazon echo dot 4, echo 4 - these are already activated together by choosing "everywhere"

Harman Cardon citation

Google display (hub)

Sharp DR-470

Sony 2.1 speakers - I think it is only via bluetooth

Sony TV - only through google cast

Iโ€™ve been plagued by this myself, with my echo, dots, and nothing anyone has said works.

But after wasting a good hour I finally figured it out. Again, this is for Amazon, Alexa and echo dots. In the end, the issue appears to be on the Alexa side.

I had to reconnect each Echo dot in the Alexa App. This involved holding down the button until I got the flashing orange and going through that procedure. Once connected, it remembers the old name. Suddenly, the dot does reappear in Spotify. But then I had an issue creating a group.

In the Alexa app you canโ€™t simply create a new group. You have to select to the right of that on โ€œcombine speakersโ€.  For some reason one of my echo dots was getting a network error. I switched it with a different dot that I had in another room

After switching it looks like all were available, perhaps all I needed to do was a power cycle. But after doing so the group now finally appears in Spotify.

How can I group a Google nest speaker with my echo dot to play at the same time? 

Hi Vasil!

I'd love to know more about grouping speakers form differente brands. In particular I have 2 Sonos speakers, one in the kitchen and one in the studio, and 1 Audiocast in the living room, connected to my stereo. 

Is it possible to create a group to stream music in all of this positions? I've been searching the web a lot, but couldn't find a good solution. 

Can you please help? 

Thanks a lot!

PIBM_0-1706658706781.png

I have an AVR in this room which my computer is plugged into using SPDIF. I would like to have the music also play from the Denon AVR in the living room, but I can only get one, not both together. Any idea ?

Suggested posts