Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS to Chromecast - Playback Settings

iOS to Chromecast - Playback Settings

when i'm streaming to chromecast from iphone, the playback settings in spotify are unavailable. what streaming quality is spotify using in this case, and what EQ settings? If it isn't 320 can you explain how I can get that quality using these two devices please.

3 Replies

The Chromecast does not support EQ, but it should use the highest quality 320 when streaming.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry maybe my question wasn't clear. The chromecast audio will play whatever signal is sent to it. I can stream 16 or even 24 bit depth from my laptop for example.  When I'm using Chromecast with Spotify iOS, Spotify doesn't allow me to choose what quality I'm streaming - it says 'these options not available" in playback settings (and it also doesn't tell me what quality it's chosen for me - I suspect it's 160 at most based on what I'm hearing, possibly less).

The playback settings will be greyed out in the iOS app when using Spotify Connect with the Chromecast.

However, I've heard that streaming over connect will use the highest quality (320) so there shouldn't be any worry.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts