Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

installing the Spotify app on my Blackberry classic

Solved!

installing the Spotify app on my Blackberry classic

I have Spotify Premium and went to install it on my new Blackbery Classic. After signing in in the Amazon store and trying to 'get' the Spotify app, I get the error message 'please check that your billing address and payment method are from a supported country'.  My BB is provided by Sure Telecmo in Guernsey. This appears on the list of supported countries under 'UK - dependent territories'.  I have had no problem installing on other non cellular devices (ie with WiFi conections). I t?urned off my cell data connectionon the BB but that did not help.

any ideas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I find it really absurd na similar situation. I understand that BlackBerry does not have the numbers of Apple and Android, but has an installed base of more than 80 million customers, does not satisfy me sounds crazy ... Why then Deezer is on BB10, so why miss the chance to take them all? BlackBerry is now a healthy company, has no debt, has a cash fund of $ 3 billion, in the last half-year has earned $ 500 million through the sale of its software packages and smarthone. I do not understand really what cost to a company like Spotify make it a native app ... I find this situation embarrassing, then I would like to know who decided to create an app for a os, the system must have an installed base of 6% globally. BlackBerry has a global percentage of 3%, I know it's not, it could be considered niche market, but it is a market that will never abandon BlackBerry. Simply because with a BlackBerry 10 do operations that neither iOS nor Android can do. I hope for a change of heart, in the end they had an app on BlackBerry OS7, to end on that support them and concentrate on the native version for BB10. But really I do not understand which would be the costs to bear to create an app for BlackBerry 10. A good developer in half a day creates and develops the language you Cascades ... I take this opportunity to greet all the people like me victims of this discrimination by Spotify. I hope to announce a surprise machining a native app. Do not tell me that it is a difficult operation plays, the developer nemorystudios has made a beta of your client is called Spot2fy and works well but is not official and crashes often. If you let it listen to the customer if the BlackBerry deserves.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I find it really embarrassing that a company as big as Spotify is not able to give us a native app for the new BB10 system.
They were successful on BlackBerry OS7 and the app was fine, I do not understand why after two years since the launch of BB10 are not able to make an app for BlackBerry users 10.
Really shameful, even Windows Phone has its own version!
What kind of discrimination, certainly if you do not I will use Deezers who made the app for BlackBerry 10.
But really I do not understand why not earn even the customers BlackBerry10, sapemo less users of Windows Phone but always your potential customers can be and it would be nice not to lose them at the expense of Deezer.
Glad you can not force you to create a native app for BlackBerry 10, but I seem to remember that in 2013 you announced that the BB10 version was in the works but that at present it was not possible to show it ...
A pity, I will pass to Deezer and still do not have much market share but BlackBerry users around the world are more than 80 million. If you want to lose all these potential subscriptions, happy you.
See you soon.

Es ist schade, dass Spotify auf so einem hohen Roß lebt! Ich liebe Musik und auch die Möglichkeiten, die Spotify bietet! Es ist allerdings ein Unding, dass sich Spotify strikt weigert, eine Blackberry 10 App zur Verfügung zu stellen. Naja, alles hat hier nur was mit Umsatz zu tun.

Irgendwann werden die erkennen, dass sie sich nur ins eigene Fleich schneiden. Die Konkurenz steht im Startloch, nun auch mit Apple!

Marked as solution

I find it really absurd na similar situation. I understand that BlackBerry does not have the numbers of Apple and Android, but has an installed base of more than 80 million customers, does not satisfy me sounds crazy ... Why then Deezer is on BB10, so why miss the chance to take them all? BlackBerry is now a healthy company, has no debt, has a cash fund of $ 3 billion, in the last half-year has earned $ 500 million through the sale of its software packages and smarthone. I do not understand really what cost to a company like Spotify make it a native app ... I find this situation embarrassing, then I would like to know who decided to create an app for a os, the system must have an installed base of 6% globally. BlackBerry has a global percentage of 3%, I know it's not, it could be considered niche market, but it is a market that will never abandon BlackBerry. Simply because with a BlackBerry 10 do operations that neither iOS nor Android can do. I hope for a change of heart, in the end they had an app on BlackBerry OS7, to end on that support them and concentrate on the native version for BB10. But really I do not understand which would be the costs to bear to create an app for BlackBerry 10. A good developer in half a day creates and develops the language you Cascades ... I take this opportunity to greet all the people like me victims of this discrimination by Spotify. I hope to announce a surprise machining a native app. Do not tell me that it is a difficult operation plays, the developer nemorystudios has made a beta of your client is called Spot2fy and works well but is not official and crashes often. If you let it listen to the customer if the BlackBerry deserves.

Suggested posts