Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no cover art on apple tv

Solved!

no cover art on apple tv

why spotify can't stream cover arts to the apple tv using the ipad-app like soundcloud or tunein?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Some local file and offline cover art stuff got broken in the v1.0 release on iOS. The devs are aware of the issue.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

It depends on how you are streaming Spotify to the TV. On my Mac, I use AirFoil and it streams it no problem with the cover art.

Hi Jranalder! 

I just tested, and cover art displays on Apple TV when streaming from Spotify on iPad or iPhone. 

To get this working, you might want to double check you have the latest versions of Apple TV, iOS and Spotify installed. Hope this helps!

As this seems to be more of a bug, I've moved your topic over here in the help section. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marked as solution

thx it works

Hi ! Something strange has happened to my cover arts for about 1 month. Some cover arts of my local files are not streamed from my IPad to my Apple TV. I can see them perfectly on my Ipad but the cover does not appear on my TV sceen. It happens only with about 50 % of my local files. Any Ideas ? The music is however heard perfectly with all files.
Marked as solution

Some local file and offline cover art stuff got broken in the v1.0 release on iOS. The devs are aware of the issue.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not only my local file covers still don't work but the track following a local file don'work at all. Makes no sound. i have to restart it !
Knowing the Apple policy, I wonder if they do that on purpose. So I get often back to ITunes Match to have my music and covers normally on my Apple TV. Shame

Suggested posts