Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

onkyo tx-nr515 cannot login

Solved!

onkyo tx-nr515 cannot login

Hello,

Recently purchased the Onkyo TC-NR515, but I cannot login to spotify on the device.

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest, I can confirm I am a premium subscriber I am also trying to login using my spotify account NOT facebook account.

I have even tried setting a static IP address with dedicated DNS servers, still no change.

I can receive other internet radio stations such as BBC Radio 1 so I do not think this is a faulty device or an internet access issue.

Can you please advise.

Kind Regards

Paul

32 Replies

Hi,
I experienced same problem from yesterday, disconnect by mistake from onkyo TX-8050 and could not connect anymore..
I tried reboot router, enable DHCP, reset password, .. nothing help.

Pls help

same probelm here for last month.

Same with my tx-8050 worked fine for over a year than just kept getting the login error from the app and the receiver. Changed password to no avail and all other stations work fine.

Hi,

Can you please confirm what password did you change?

Thanks.

I changed my login password for spotify premium and still get the login error.  

I am having the same problem. I used the link to reset my Spotify device password, have Spotify premium, can connect with other internet services through Onkyo app, and can play Spotify through my iPhone and computer. I get an error message that says Login Error. Please check your accounts.

it seems like Onkyo-Receiver does not cooperate with spotify anymore. I cant log in in my receiver. it constantly says login error. used the same pw for my phone and browser and it works there. please spotify team give us a feedback on this issue because it seems like many of onkyo users are affected. thanks

Recently I've got the same with TX-NR515. Account premium, on mobile and PC works perfect, but not on amplituner anymore...

Same here. Had to send Onkyo TX-NR609 for repair and it came back factory fresh with the latest firmware.

Have had Spotify Premium for years and do not connect with Facebook. I have an actual username (not the 10 digit number) that works with every other device and used to work with the Onkyo but I'm now getting the Login error on the Onkyo.

I'm in the fortunate position that I have an iPod dock connected to the amp so I can use Connect to stream through the amp but that doesn't get away from the fact that the Spotify app on the amp is not working as it should by not accepting my valid login details.

It looks like Spotify has dropped support for the built-in app in the name of progress.

See here https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

Good afternoon,

The link is broken, and I have the same problem, you could tell me how you solved it.

Thank you

Hi djordand,

The link still works just fine or me. You could try this instead: https://support.spotify.com/uk/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/onkyo/

However, in google typing "spotify why can’t I use the Spotify app on my speaker" brings up the link to the same page.

As regards solving it then unfortunately there is no direct solution as far as I can tell. Spotify have simply stopped people logging in to the service from the amplifier platform.

I have got around it by plugging a Cambridge iPod dock into a spare port on the amp. I can then use Spotify Connect to play the iPod from my phone. The dock also has the advantage of charging the iPod.

Spotify will not work with  older onkyo now. I got the Yamaha music cast it works fine. But the spotify shuffle doesn't work any better .

Suggested posts