Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

onkyo tx-nr515 cannot login

Solved!

onkyo tx-nr515 cannot login

Hello,

Recently purchased the Onkyo TC-NR515, but I cannot login to spotify on the device.

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest, I can confirm I am a premium subscriber I am also trying to login using my spotify account NOT facebook account.

I have even tried setting a static IP address with dedicated DNS servers, still no change.

I can receive other internet radio stations such as BBC Radio 1 so I do not think this is a faulty device or an internet access issue.

Can you please advise.

Kind Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please ignore this, just seen I have an unlimited account not premium, hence it will not login.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@jtb23 wrote:

I have this problem.

I have a 30-day free premium account. Premium account works fine on my Android phone.

Using the Onkyo app to try and play Spotify, it fails with the error: "Login Error"

I am using Facebook login credentials.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will need to set your device password and retrieve your real Spotify username (which will be a string of digits) to sign in on your onkyo, since those devices don't support Facebook integration.

Have a read at the instructions here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Marked as solution

Please ignore this, just seen I have an unlimited account not premium, hence it will not login.

I have this problem also. How do I log in on my nr515?Can anyone help.

@jive515 wrote:
I have this problem also. How do I log in on my nr515?Can anyone help.

Can you answer a few questions?:

- Do you have a premium account? (Required to use Spotify on a partner device)

- Do you normally log into Spotify using a Spotify username and password or using your Facebook details? 

Peter

Peter

I have this problem.

I have a 30-day free premium account. Premium account works fine on my Android phone.

Using the Onkyo app to try and play Spotify, it fails with the error: "Login Error"

Marked as solution

@jtb23 wrote:

I have this problem.

You will need to set your device password and retrieve your real Spotify username (which will be a string of digits) to sign in on your onkyo, since those devices don't support Facebook integration.

Have a read at the instructions here

Peter

Peter

Perfect, thanks!

I am having the same issue. I use Facebook to log into spotify.....I tried my email address and the numerical PW found on spotify.com with no luck.......

Check out the link that they provided in response to my post. I used that, which generated a new password for my device.

Hey, I have a premium account that won't log on to my Onkyo tx-nr818. Although I usually use Facebook to login on devices that allow, I retrieved the necessary username (aka string of numbers) and generated a pw. This was to no avail though. I've regenerated a new pw 3 or 4 times but that's proven to be a waste of,time thus far. Help!

@TheMapples13 wrote:
Hey, I have a premium account that won't log on to my Onkyo tx-nr818. Although I usually use Facebook to login on devices that allow, I retrieved the necessary username (aka string of numbers) and generated a pw. This was to no avail though. I've regenerated a new pw 3 or 4 times but that's proven to be a waste of,time thus far. Help!

What error message are you getting when you try and login?

Peter

Peter

Glorious! It's working! Not sure what changed, I've made no updates to firmware, software, or otherwise. I guess it took 24 hrs or so for processing?? I don't know and don't care as long as it works.
If you've just signed up/upgraded to premium status and it doesn't work straight away, don't freak out. Give it a day or so, the freak out if it still doesn't run.

Oh Peter,

You are magical,  I just replied to one of your other posts because I couldn't get things figured out, but this one seems to have done the trick and given me the magical, mystery device name i was trying to get to all along 🙂 and I received the email I needed to set the password.   All hail Peter!  

Thanks so much!

Colleen

just purchased an onkyo tx-nr515.  one of the main reasons for the choice in receiver was for the spotify app.  i recently upgraded to a premium account (still in the free trial period) and cannot log in to the onkyo spotify app.

i have the string of 10 digits username.  i have a password.  

i continue to get this message after repeated attempts (now a week's worth of trying):

Spotify Login

Login Error. Please check your account information.  For help with your passwork, visit spotify.com.

i have tried everything to no avail.  

please help me!!  

thanks.

suddenly just worked...just like the others were saying...??!!

maybe just posting here was enough to wiggle the spotify gods.

ONKYO TX NR515 Problem fixed!

Had the same issue. My ONKYO TX NR515 failed at the Spotify login. After many attempts doing several steps, one thing cured the problem. My DHCP needed to be enabled.

My WiFi connection is via UWF-1 Dongle.

Login into Spotify.com > Set a password for your devices.  Spotify will also provide you with a unique 10 digit number as the username.

I also updated to the latest firmware and followed the installation instructions found here.  All of my playlists appeared great I was able to select them just as from the PC.

Last, the Onkyo app on my Android phone was disabled from accessing Spotify at the time I enabled DCHP under the Onkyo network settings.

Good Luck!

That link was not helpful, it goes to a general password screen which I could just google myself. Where is the link that directly takes you to generating a password? If I go to reset my password, it keeps telling me to change my password through facebook, which is not a solution since there is no facebook integration on my onkyo device. Pls help

were do i got a user name number from

Same problem with TX-8050.  Multiple attempt to login. Tried multiple "solutions".  No point in paying premium price for inability to use service on netowrk receiver.  Time to cancel.

Suggested posts