Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

please make the z10 app!

please make the z10 app!

im seriously considering cancelling the 2 premium memberships till this is available. im paying £20 a month for nothing.<br><br>Both me and ny son have z10s and now no music. i don't buy anything on itunes anymore so feel totally lost without my music.<br><br>Can you give any news, feedback or update when this might be available. Or if anyone on the community has managed to create a. BAR conversion from android then please shout :-)<br><br>Cheers<br>Krislad<br>
43 Replies

Hi guys,
On the CrackBerry forum someone has posted the link to a site who converts apps to the .bar format. Spotify is listed there, however I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

http://bb10bars.net/index.php/category/android-ports/android-apps/music-audio/

It's an android port so will need to be sideloaded to the z10. Most of these ports turn out to be ok (Google with Navigation for instance is brilliant) but some can also be a bit glitchy.

Not sure what else this site has although I do not support pirate or rip off copies of anything including music and film. But with Spotify being a free app in any case I see no harm.

I'll be trying it tomorrow around 10am UK time, unless anyone gets there first ill let you know how it goes

Cheers
Krislad

Actually can't believe how well the web app works. Thanks for the tip. 

That port is not working... crashes on start...

I wasn't expecting it to. The Spotify android app contains NDK code which can't be run on the android player on BB10 or put through the automatic porting facilities BlackBerry supply to devs. My guess is it will either need to be a heavy modified version of the android application or a native app if we get Spotify on BB10 at some point!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Back to square 1 :-(.

I'm thinking of cancelling my premium membership too. Deezer an alternative?

Come on Spotify UK!

I here there is something for the PlayBook that was just unofficially released...maybe Z10 not far behind. 

But there is no possibility to play the songs offline with the one on the PlayBook I have read. Streaming only...

@manuelw79 wrote:
But there is no possibility to play the songs offline with the one on the PlayBook I have read. Streaming only...

That is correct, the web player which is being used does not have local file support. 

Peter

Peter

Yes, streaming only. Although that's all I really use. But I could definitely see that as a pain point for others.

The Q10 is coming May 1st meaning more users also, guess I might have to cancel

Come on people Please get an app for the BB z10 i'm with out music and I need it to get through the day . what is the since of getting a new phone and then find out tht the  app you are using is not supported  this is so wrong of you guys there at spotify not to add the App to the list of devices. We are asking kfor the App to be put out so tht we acan enjoy your product we are paying the money you should help us out.

Surely I would have thought we would have heard something by now.. with the Q10 release, 10.1 and now Netflix...man they are quiet. 

I thought Blackberry launched some easy tool to convert an Android app to a BB Z10 and Playbok app. For Developers, that is. There's also some tools available to do that as a user, but i tried an cannot get it working on the Z10. it doesn' t open

@peterbrouwer205 wrote:

I thought Blackberry launched some easy tool to convert an Android app to a BB Z10 and Playbok app. For Developers, that is. There's also some tools available to do that as a user, but i tried an cannot get it working on the Z10. it doesn' t open

It is because the Spotify app for android is not a pure android application, but uses native c code at its heart to do the Spotify encryption/decryption and other things. That c code can not be converted by the developer tools to run on BB10, so from my limited knowledge of app development I think an entirely new app is needed for BB10. 

Peter

Peter

Has any had any trouble with spotify web on the Z10 since 10.1?

het is idd frustrerend dat je je BB Bold inruil voor een Z10 en dan blijkt de app voor spotify niet te bestaan, maar moet voorlopig nog wel de abbonementskosten betalen. heel vervelend

i agree. Many people have cancelled because of it. 

I did. Playing spotify on my Blackberry was the only reason I purchased the Premium membership. The Android version can't even be sideloaded. Sucks.

@aprilmendez wrote:

I did. Playing spotify on my Blackberry was the only reason I purchased the Premium membership. The Android version can't even be sideloaded. Sucks.

There is a working sideload, check out this message. 🙂

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts