Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

"Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

Title says all.

It's really ruining my experience at the moment.

It's an issue for both albums (Billy Talent and its 10th Anniversary Edition).

Please fix? 😉

14 Replies

Hey @taktek86,

Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help.

We've checked this out on our side and the volume seems to be the same. Can you send over the URI's to the playlists to be sure? 

Could you also try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

The volume of the "The Ex" is super quiet for me too, its far quieter than every other song on the album. 

Hey there @ZenoxSphere,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We had another listen to Billy Talent's The Ex but still didn't notice any issues with the sound at our end. Just to make sure that were on the same page - did you try out the solutions suggested by @Daisy? If that's the case and the problem persists, leave us a post with the URI of the song and the make, model and OS of your device, as well as your Spotify version and we'll happily look into this further.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its about time someone else noticed.

Spotify  should have someone listen to the actual song and compare to another song on the album instead of using a software to compare. Maybe the highest and lowest are similar but the entire song sounds out of wack.

Please follow up. I listened to it like 2 weeks ago and it's still ruining my experience.

Hey @taktek86,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We assure you that we've tested the track at our end and everything seemed in order with the sound. We need a bit more info to get to the bottom of this - did you perform a clean reinstall like  @Daisy suggested? It would be really helpful if you could link the URI of the song, you are listening to, just to make sure that it's the same version. Do let us also know the make, model and OS of your device, as well as your Spotify version. As soon as we have the relevant info, we can determine what the best troubleshooting steps are 🙂 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Mihail Moderator

I have listened to it on both my Windows pc and my Sony Xperia XA2, both running the current version of Spotify, please listen to the song lies and then the ex directly afterwards, you will notice the difference in sounds instantly.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4Z4FErymthnN4ctJdKRgko?si=Oc4EyA45Qm6pkuwlRz_W0Q

I've also tried it on multiple desktops  as well as the Bluetooth in my car.

Same issue everywhere.

Hey there @ZenoxSphere and @taktek86,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

Just to confirm, could you let us know if you've enabled Normalize volume from the app's settings on your devices when this happens?

If it's toggled off, it'd be helpful if you could try enabling to see if that makes a difference. You might need to quit/exit the app and launch it again if that doesn't do the trick right away.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Yes, Normalise volume is enabled on both of my devices.

Its been enabled for the longest time. Issue remains the same.

Hey @ZenoxSphere and @taktek86,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done.

Could you try changing the Music Quality form the Settings menu and see if that has an impact on the volume of the song? As @Katerina mentioned, it's a good idea to restart the app after changing the settings.

We'd also appreciate  if you give the song a listen with another account and share if that makes a difference. You can use a friend or family members, if that's an option.

Let us know how things develop. We're here if any questions come up.

Mihail Moderator

Hi,

I have the same problem ever since I started using Spotify and it's the same in mobile app, web app and desktop app (Win).

Just now I found out that if I play the song with shuffle on it is loud as the other songs, but if I switch shuffle off it's low again!! Behaves the same in all three apps.

The album track is this one:

spotify:track:1iT25vbTtfYuC6KrK4vSEx

There is also a single version which is loud as the rest of album:

spotify:track:0Naq52oT6gld7WRHEUlChw

I don't think it will ever get fixed.

I asked for a solution almost 2 years ago.

We have plenty of evidence including many devices, accounts and platforms.

Bumping this again. I've noticed the same problem. "The Ex" (Track 6 on Billy Talent's 2003 album)  has a significantly lower volume than every other track on the album. I've confirmed this on my desktop PC and on two different phones, each using different speakers.

Suggested posts