Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't connect to spotify. Trying again now..." at home

"Can't connect to spotify. Trying again now..." at home

Hi all, I've just installed Firefox and I'm trying to use the web player,

but when I start playing any song, a box appears saying "Can't connect to spotify. Trying again now..."

This stops me from accessing any controls or well... doing anything bar hitting F5,

picking a new song, which is more than a little awkward for listening to music.

The song does play fine throughout, but this happens as soon as I pick a song

Any ideas?

Thanks, Thomas.

7 Replies

Hello!
Please remove your browser cache and cookies. You can try opening the page in an incognito mode too.
Tell me if it worked, please 😉 Have a great day!

OK, trying this, though I don't understand why I would delete cache and cookies on a fresh install.

But no... nope done not a single thing other than requiring a re-login. 😞

Edit: Trying it in a private window also displays the "Can't connect..." message,

so I'm guessing it's nothing to do with cookies or cache?

im pretty sure this has been going on all throughout spotify. it happened to me for a while, but it just started working yesterday. i don't think you will have it fixed yet because im using a mac and chrome. maybe if you use chrome it would work? also, from when this was happening to me people said to see if my settings said i was in the right country. dont know why but try it. hope this helps

I've previously used Chrome but I'm abondoning it due to numerous issues (error 7 CONSTANTLY, thus can't update; memory use; randomly not playing videos/sound)

So I thought I'd use firefox but Spotify is being well... a pain in the arse about it lol

I'll try the country thing.

Having the same problem on my Linux Mint 13 Maya machine running Firefox.

Problem does not occur on my Windows 10 machine running Pale Moon browser.

Same here on Ubuntu 15.10 and Firefox. I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening one or two weeks ago, although I'm not 100% certain.

I've had this problem for months and none of the suggested del cache/reinstall firefox/anything that even spotify support have suggested has worked - i've not been able to play web player for months now. it's just ridiculous

Suggested posts