Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Discover Weekly" playlist by Spotify disappeared

Solved!

"Discover Weekly" playlist by Spotify disappeared

What gives? I was excited to get 30 new songs added to my Discover Weekly playlist by Spotify but the playlist is completely gone from my Mac, Web player, and iOS devices.

This was my favorite feature. What can I do to get this back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

if you go into your history, it goes back pretty far - I was able to recover the whole playlist, in order. at the bottom of the window, to the right of where it says 'lyrics', is the 'queue' button click that, then click the history tab, and presto, there are your jams!

See below ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

View solution in original post

45 Replies

I fully agree this feature should be brought back - It was a fantastic feature and really opened me up to new music.

I was amazed at how much music it recommended that I had not heard of before (and I enjoy a LOT of music).

Bring back Discover Weekly !!!!

Please bring that feature back !!! So much new music have been discovered. I loved the whole playlist. It brings me new music every week... That was a fantastic feature.

This is absolutely killing me right now. It was there for a few weeks and it was GREAT - I would check it every week and add usually 60-80% of the songs I heard to my Songs. However now it's gone and I just don't understand it. This is one thing that a particular competitor (six letters, publicly traded, rhymes with "Schroogle") has over Spotify's offering -- their ability to create dynamic and diverse playlists on the fly. Their algoryhthms are superior. To see Spotify bring this feature to me for me to enjoy as a new offering to their service, only to take it away, is disappointing to say the least. It's been a few years together (I was never an unpaid customer to the service) and I'm starting to think our time is coming closer and closer to a close. Get it sorted, Spotify. 

This playlist was such a suprise but so awesome. You probobaly know you have a popular feature on you hends. Please leave it like it is and don't change a thing. Release it to everyone. Everyone will find out that this feature is fantastic. Apple Music killer right here.

Hey guys!

Discover Weekly is now a feature for everyone! If you don't see it in your playlists yet, it should be coming soon.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/20/9001317/spotify-discover-weekly-poersonalized-playlist-deep-cuts

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

All of my friends who are Spotify users have Discover Weekly, but I don't yet!  I've tried logging out and in again, Force Quitting the app and opening it again, and even restarting my Mac.

I think I have the most updated version of Spotify-

what gives?

Hey @1koinegeek

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Discover-Weekly-Post-your-feedback-here/m-p/1...

Discover Weekly is still rolling out over the next few weeks, so it may be that it hasn't rolled out to you yet.

Or it could be one of the following:

• Only users who have been active in the last 30 days will get it. If a user returns and plays some music, they'll get it the following Monday.
  • Only available if your Spotify account is 2+ weeks old
  • You might have unfollowed it. You can find it again in Browse or Discover.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i just used discover weekly for the first time and loved it.  but now thats its monday isee a new playlist.  is there a way to find the one from last week or is that gone permanently?

Yes, is there any way of retrieving the previous week's playlist?I was delighted with the first oneI i received, only to have it replaced this morning by an entirely different list, before I'd got around to listening properly to the previous one. Surely it should be possible to save each weekly list under your playlists?

hi all,

unfortunately you cannot retrieve past playlists but in the future just create a new playlist called (for example) "My Discovery" and then every Monday just copy all tracks into this.

So far mine has 120 tracks - great for shuffle play.....

Thanks, will do in future! Pity... I really liked all the songs in last
week's list and now I can't remember what they were or who sang them etc.
Drat.

Seriously I thought it was just me! Discover weekly playlist Mon 20th - 26th July 2015 was reaaaaally good. Same here I loved discovering the new music. This week's is samey.

I emailed Spotify to ask for the tracklisting but they haven't got back to which I'm gutted about.

Anyone out there who has it? Zal able, kele, goldlink, doja cat, all these artists were on it! Help help help!

Oh...

"Discover Weekly, a personalised playlist for each of the streaming service’s 75 million users, updated every Monday with two hours of “new discoveries and deep cuts” based on their listening habits, and those of people like them."

It was personalised! Never going to get it back

You can find Discover Weekly playlist in BROWSE/DISCOVER, but you should to save all of the tracks into a new playlist if you want to listen those forever.

Schermata 2015-08-02 alle 23.11.23.png

I am also destroyed that I didn't save my last weeks playlist. In fact, I was listening to it and intending on saving it as it turned midnight and it CHANGED! I really wish there was a way to recover previous weeks.
Marked as solution

if you go into your history, it goes back pretty far - I was able to recover the whole playlist, in order. at the bottom of the window, to the right of where it says 'lyrics', is the 'queue' button click that, then click the history tab, and presto, there are your jams!

See below ⬇︎⬇︎⬇︎

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 9.40.59 PM.png

I can't see this feature on my phone. it's probably only on pcs or laptops. Will give it a try. Thanks!

How can I go back to my last weeks playlist?  and how do you save it, I mean, the only option is to follow it. But I don´t know if I'm following the feature or the playlist.

any suggestions?

thks

Suggested posts