Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"I can't play from Spotify on that device"

"I can't play from Spotify on that device"

I'm in Australia on the premium family plan. I have both Alexa and Google Assistant and both Chromecast speakers and HEOS speakers. When I ask Alexa to play Spotify music on a HEOS speaker she says, "I can't play Spofity on that device." When I ask Google Assistant to do it, she says, "I can't do that there, but you can ask me to do that on one of your other devices." The HEOS speakers -- Denon and Marantz -- both support Spotify Connect. Why can't I use voice control with Spotify on them?

3 Replies

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

Hello there @scdawson and @1125268727,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

There's a relevant idea for what you're suggesting in the Idea Exchange here. Feel free to add your +VOTE to it - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

If you'd like to suggest something different, however, you can always submit a new idea for it.

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi that has nothing to with what he stated. He uses Google assistant. What you linked is Amazon echo (a whole other device). And this issue is not about controlling sound, it's about Google assistant not working together with heos and spotify correctly. 

Suggested posts