Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Liked songs" on Alexa are ALWAYS played in shuffle mode :-(

Solved!

"Liked songs" on Alexa are ALWAYS played in shuffle mode :-(

On my Alexa devices, when I request that my "liked songs" (the songs you give a "heart" to) are being played then it always plays it with SHUFFLE ON and starts with one random song.
This is downright frustrating for me because I always want to start with the first song (the one that was added most recently). Any way to change it?

At the moment I have to open the APP on mobile or desktop, disable shuffle and restart the list with the first song. And because I cannot control this without any device I listen a lot less to my music, which s**ks (pardon my language).

Oh, FYI: Amazon support claims that this is totally not their doing (which I - quite frankly - do not believe)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Der_Groddi,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently Alexa speakers play Liked Songs in Shuffle mode by default. This is not something that can be controlled directly from the Spotify app. You can try asking Alexa via voice command to "Turn off Shuffle mode" once you start playing your liked songs. Note that this will have to be done every time you start the playlist.

There are other users on the Community who want this to be changed. You can check out their Idea thread here. Feel free to add your +Vote.

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Der_Groddi,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently Alexa speakers play Liked Songs in Shuffle mode by default. This is not something that can be controlled directly from the Spotify app. You can try asking Alexa via voice command to "Turn off Shuffle mode" once you start playing your liked songs. Note that this will have to be done every time you start the playlist.

There are other users on the Community who want this to be changed. You can check out their Idea thread here. Feel free to add your +Vote.

Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Now Alexa plays my liked songs always in order, which is flat out horrible. Same song every time and needs two more commands to get a random one. How do I change this back?

Suggested posts