Free

Country

Turkey

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System

Android Marshmallow (6)

My Question or Issue

Ever since the update to Free Spotify accounts that allowed them to listen to some playlists without having to shuffle I enjoyed listening to the songs I like on Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists. I was really enjoying this, until yesterday my Release Radar playlist became shuffle-only again.

The weird thing is Discover Weekly and Daily Mix playlists are still working fine, only my Release Radar list is affected (for now). I have cleared my cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried everything suggested on similar topics, but nothing worked.

Did this happen to everyone, or is it just me? If I'm the only one having this issue, does this have anything to do with the fact that I was almost exclusively listening to this playlist, and that it became more lucrative for Spotify to force me to shuffle it so that I might buy Premium?

Thank you for reading.

5 Replies

Hey @Unbeknownst! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation. *Ongoing Issue thread*

Make sure to click the +Vote  button if you haven't already to stay updated. You can also leave a comment with your device and the version of Spotify you're currently using. ^^

Peace

Thanks for the reply and posting the thread, but from what I can tell they discuss missing shuffle and repeat buttons there, which has nothing to do with my issue.

@Unbeknownst 

Sorry, my bad.

This isn't an issue. Be sure to check this help site out more details why you're Release Radar became Shuffle only again. 

Peace

Thanks for the link, however it doesn't say anything particular to my situation, and I had previously seen it linked as an explanation to recent changes to Library view.

My issue stands still that my Release Radar playlist reverted back to shuffle-only mode. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

UPDATE: Today my Discover Weekly playlist also became shuffle-only. Is Spotify slowly taking back what it offered to free users?

Suggested posts