Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

songs wont play on ipad / iphone

songs wont play on ipad / iphone

Hi i hope someone can help.

I've recently signed up for spotify premium and have imported my itunes into spotify. many of the songs now displayed on my laptop are greyed out but will still play. however tose greyed out  will not play on either my ipad or iphone. these are songs that i have purchased and paid for - as an example one album i have boughtvia itunes only has one song out of the eleven that i can play. the message i get seem to encourage me to "sync" but i understadn that means acrually downloading those songs to the device - for one i dont have the memory and secondly i thought the whole idea was for streaming? this is really frustrating to the pont that im thinking of deleting the account and just stikcing to downloading music via itunes.

any help greatly appreciated 🙂

4 Replies

Those tracks that are grey and playable will be tracks that are not available on Spotify but you can play them because you own the files.

You need to sync those files over to your devices if you want to play them, which you can do by connecting them to the same WiFi network then offline synching the playlist containing the local files. See the help page below for details.

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi. Thanks for your message. The confusing things is the greyed out tracks on my desktop popular artists and available on Spotify! Even though I can play them on desktop they are greyed out.

But I can't play those greyed out ones on iPad despite then being available on Spotify.

Hi thanks for that suggestion, 

I am having the same problem as stated above but even when I am on the same wifi network and want the songs to sync they never do on the phone. They will actually show up on my phone and are grayed out on the phone. But while going through the playlist on random the song will be selected and supposed to play but it just is silent while Spotify says that it is playing. They just never do the whole playing music thing which is kinda important... 

Any advice? 

Suggested posts